Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I thought you were posting kid pics, not a spider monkey pic!
gig.gif

She is a nimble one, eh?
big_smile.png
wink.png
she is very strong, nimble and flexible

she is a natural at ballet

Oz I pray you dont mind if I post a question, but many people that can help including yourself are reading your journeys.
hugs.gif

Adding to my health issues is lung issues mostly asthmatic flairs that end me up on high dosage prednisone for a months at a shot, thus keeping me away from my own chickens coops, I would love to be able to get out and be able to get back into my coops, and not just go grab eggs feed and water, I would love to clean coops, test my chickens again getting back into npip and so forth. What I need to know is what sort of mask do I need to keep that dust out of my lungs. I cant go near the coops without having asthma attacks. I am beyond those paper masks at this point, they just dont work. I asked the doc and he said look into a some sort of respirator, I need something I can see out of, and what I googled look terrible for vision. I am thinking someone out there works using something that has good vision that protects them as well? and could help send me in the right direction. I dont have tons of extra cash to waste on buying several different types so I need it to be a good fit right off the bat.
Any direction would be GRATEFULLY appreciated! I am tired of putting my husband in charge of them, its my hobby not his, and it shows. Its time to stop the arguing and TAKE THEM BACK or get rid of them. I already had to get rid of most of them, I want to keep whats left, I did my first meaties this fall and what a great step too, I really dont want to fall backwards. I think I will go ahead and cry now, cause I really feel like it

So sorry to hear this bad news my Dear Sally!
Have you looked into a gas mask like those wore by people that work with big commercial refrigeration/freezer units? They come with a wide variety of filters that can be just screwed in as needed.

The ones I used I could see out of real good and not work hard with breathing.
Good luck!!
Scott
Edit to ask do you suffer from "hypersensitivity pneumonitis"?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom