Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

that middle one sorta kinda looks like a CL - it is a mutt - it has barred rock, rhode island red and red laced blue (or blue laced red??) wyandotte in it
That mutt looks to be a female, although I can't see if it has a nice "V" on the top of the head, the eyeliner is very distinct. You might have made a autosexing by accident... I am just getting into the genetics, so don't shoot me if I am wrong. I think it is related to the wild type that creates those little chipmunks and the crossing with a barred type that makes it autosexing. The more distinct the markings, the more likely female. Again, I am only guessing since I am just starting into the chicken genetics world. I should have paid more attention in my genetics classes in college...
th.gif

I am told its a beautiful Saturday in the Philippines today.

Sunshine and a nice onshore breeze. High of 84 expected.

Its also a busy day.

We are playing musical coops.

We have a good supply of BBS Orps hatched or hatching. The same goes with mutts, white leghorns and eggs from blue egg laying mutts.

I had all of them pulled and put in a large general coop.

I have a Breda Fowl trio that will go in one coop.

That gives us 3 open coops.

Bernie is converting the breezeway between two sets of coops into a basic coop for the guineas.

Then we will have four...

That should buy time till the pigs get their new home and I can repurpose 3 pig pens

Our other issue is that we have 8 pink baskets that hold 15-18 eggs that fit in the hatcher but have 250+ eggs all hatching together in 8 days
th.gif

I am told its a beautiful Saturday in the Philippines today.

Sunshine and a nice onshore breeze. High of 84 expected.

Its also a busy day.

We are playing musical coops.

We have a good supply of BBS Orps hatched or hatching. The same goes with mutts, white leghorns and eggs from blue egg laying mutts.

I had all of them pulled and put in a large general coop.

I have a Breda Fowl trio that will go in one coop.

That gives us 3 open coops.

Bernie is converting the breezeway between two sets of coops into a basic coop for the guineas.

Then we will have four...

That should buy time till the pigs get their new home and I can repurpose 3 pig pens

Our other issue is that we have 8 pink baskets that hold 15-18 eggs that fit in the hatcher but have 250+ eggs all hatching together in 8 days
th.gif
how about mesh bags? I understand old timers used to use them to keep chicks separated until they could be toe punched or banded

whats hatching???
We still have to make lockdown

SET 7D VIABILITY
Barred Plymouth Rock Egg 24 20
Black Australorp Egg 48 40
Black Jersey Giant 13 10
Blue Partridge Brahma 8 4
Brown Leghorn Egg 24 22
Buff Orpington 6 6
Blue Black Orps 15 13
Golden Sebright Egg 24 15
Red Leghorn 6 4