Giant deviled egg!

OSTRICHRANCHER

Chirping
Oct 24, 2023
Ok ...Here is one for you to contemplate.....What to do for something a little different for Thanksgiving....How about a deviled egg made from the egg of the worlds largest Bird !!...Thats right . AN ostrich deviled egg.....Get an Ostrich egg, boil it for 2 hours , then let it cool...Might let it cool overnight as to keep from getting burnt....Now take a Dremil tool and cut the shell all the way around the egg....Think equator on a globe....Once the shell is cut, use a knife to cut the egg all the way thru, remove egg into 2 ,half eggs and set each onto a coffee cup, shell down and yolk up...Devil the yolk and serve, setting on the cups, with spoons to let you guests enjoy .....Guaranteed to amuse, intrigue and thrill all of your friends and family.....Enjoy and may You and Yours enjoy the bounty of these Giant birds on thanksgiving Day....

Ok ...Here is one for you to contemplate.....What to do for something a little different for Thanksgiving....How about a deviled egg made from the egg of the worlds largest Bird !!...Thats right . AN ostrich deviled egg.....Get an Ostrich egg, boil it for 2 hours , then let it cool...Might let it cool overnight as to keep from getting burnt....Now take a Dremil tool and cut the shell all the way around the egg....Think equator on a globe....Once the shell is cut, use a knife to cut the egg all the way thru, remove egg into 2 ,half eggs and set each onto a coffee cup, shell down and yolk up...Devil the yolk and serve, setting on the cups, with spoons to let you guests enjoy .....Guaranteed to amuse, intrigue and thrill all of your friends and family.....Enjoy and may You and Yours enjoy the bounty of these Giant birds on thanksgiving Day....
That’sa great idea!
I bet it would work with emu eggs

Wow! I really didn't know this... To my knowledge there are no ostrich eggs where I live.. How is the taste compared to duck eggs? or if you didn't have them, chicken eggs?
We used to sell them thru Whole foods etc...Get them from ranchers or a fancier......They are a little "wateryer" as they are 1/3 less fat and cholesterol....Also a little sweeter....The are way less "strong" tasting than duck eggs.....

We used to sell them thru Whole foods etc...Get them from ranchers or a fancier......They are a little "wateryer" as they are 1/3 less fat and cholesterol....Also a little sweeter....The are way less "strong" tasting than duck eggs.....
Thank you for sharing your knowledge 😊 I know more now than 10 minutes ago 🙂.
Would be awesome if you have a picture of such a big deviled egg...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge 😊 I know more now than 10 minutes ago 🙂.
Would be awesome if you have a picture of such a big deviled egg...
You are most welcome...Any other questions you might have, Please feel free to ask....As for the photos, I would love to post but being an old "goat" , I am not to computer savey....Will get with my grand daughter and see if she can teach me !!!....Thanks for your interest and kindness..

You can upload pictures by clicking on the icon left from the photocamera in your edit screen

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 20.37.52.png

The following tab opens:
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 20.58.30.png

Now you can either drag an image from your computer to this field or click with your mouse in the field. This will bring you to your own computer where you can select the image you want to share..

You are quite tech savvy to me as you managed to start a thread and make an account on this website!

Back
Top Bottom