Giant Indiana swap 8-18-07

Carole AM

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Goshen, Indiana
Hey guys & gals!

This is a GIANT

swap meet for animals & other stuff too. I found this today! I'm so ready to go... A bunch of us met there last year, and we had a ball! Right? We always go eat too!

Description: Indiana's Giant Bird-Animal Swap Meet & Flea Market held at Wolf's Swap Grounds, 29 miles north of Fort Wayne, Indiana on U.S. 33 then 1/2 mile east on Albion Road.

Saturday, May 5, Saturday June 2, Saturday July 14, August 18.
Hours 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lookers and buyers $3.00 per carload. Open to the public; no parking on road.

NOTE: No Martial Arts Items -- No Poisonous Reptiles allowed.

For more infomation contact: Harold O. Wolf, 0885 N. 650 W., Kimmel, Indiana 46760. Phone: 260-635-2356.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings!

I'm from Indiana also, northern part.

Do you know of any other swaps earlier than May 5th. We are needing just a few pullets for 4-h for my two daughters to show. We have hens/roosters but need young birds. Something born after August of 2006.

Thanks for you info though!

Kathy

Last edited:
Hey, maybe we are close! I'm in Goshen. What county are you in? There are a few other swaps around- let me find the links. What breeds are you looking for? Oh goody, another HOOSIER!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hey Carole,

I'm from Howard County-Greentown IN. We are east of Kokomo. We were close to you on our way to Sturgis Michigan. We love our Black Austrolorps, they are very friendly.

We are looking for possibly a exhibition type bird, but anything that lays will work!!!

Thanks!

Kathy

Jckc8155, Wow you are real close to me I live on the other side of Kokomo. Been thru Greentown many a time. It sure is a small world. LOL

Oh that sounds like fun....but I am sure DH wont want to go...he is afraid I will come home with a truckload! LOL And I am sure I would
hmm.png

We are in SE Indiana...Jennings county. My grandson is going to be a first timer in 4 H this year. He is 6. Was recommended he gets Cornish X for his project. Now I need...or get to..build another pen, just for his!
lol.png

WOW!
wee.gif
Im from Columbia City, Indiana. The swap meet you posted about is close to me. I just heard about this big swap meet last year. But I was not sure just how to get to it and when it was so Im very glad you posted the info about it.

I called around looking for info on where to buy geeny( sp) chickens and thats when I was told about that swap meet.

PPl talk about it like its a real big thing. I cant wait to go.

yippiechickie.gif

PS- this is my 1st post. How in the world do I spell geeny chickens? is it guiny, gueeny ??? I dunno how to spell it. LOL Thank you.

Hey! We are pretty close then! I live in Goshen, and I know someone from Albion too. We will HAVE to get together- just email me..... need any chickens?

I think you meant "guinea". The buckwheat bird- females say buckwheat! Yes- you will find them at the swaps. What kinds of chickens do you have?

WELCOME, neighbor!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Yep, buckwheat is the sound they make. Even tho its loud I miss it.

I have had chickens on and off all my life but I have never been educated on their breds and so forth. We always just had free ranging non caged chickens. I dont like them free ranging because they poop everywhere and they get attacked by critters.

We have not had chickens for about 4 years now. Our last ones got killed off by critters.
sad.png

Now that we own this place I want to make a chicken shed with a fenced in area to protect them from critters and so they cant poop all over the swing set, cars and side walks , LOL.

We had chickens and one time a pair of guineas came walking out of our corn field and became part of our chicken flock and they stuck around. I dont know where those guineas came from.

Im hoping we can get the chicken shed and fence fixed up in time for the swap meet so we can go get some guineas and other chickens. Guinea eggs are very good but hard to crack. I miss having them.

I would like to met you there. I will have 2 small kids with me and my hubby. Sounds like fun, I have not figured out this forum yet. Perhaps if I figure out how to send you a message or you send me one?

Back
Top Bottom