Gil's World-HUGE updated!

What about "eendje"?

That is a tiny/cute duck or a duck you love. Not a duckling. -je is for expressing love/friendship. Like the Japanese -chan. WannaBeHillBillychan or WannaBeHillBillytje. When you are -je/tje is a sign of affection and not that you are suddenly a child. Belgians use the word 'pul' for a duckling but we don't have a word. "eend-je' is just a duck you love. We use baby eend or baby eendje (baby for the age; -je depending on how the seller feels about the ducklings :') )
Long story short; I am still not calling you WannaBeHillBillytje so you better work boooi!

what is fish mod and fish doxy??
Fish mox is amoxicillin, Fish dox is doxycycline. They are antibiotics and antibacterial meds that you don't need a prescription for if you don't have a vet near you. There are alot of different types, these are just the two I have.
Baytril (enrofloxacin) is another good one to have.

Fish mox is amoxicillin, Fish dox is doxycycline. They are antibiotics and antibacterial meds that you don't need a prescription for if you don't have a vet near you. There are alot of different types, these are just the two I have.
Thanks very helpful.

That is a tiny/cute duck or a duck you love. Not a duckling. -je is for expressing love/friendship. Like the Japanese -chan. WannaBeHillBillychan or WannaBeHillBillytje. When you are -je/tje is a sign of affection and not that you are suddenly a child. Belgians use the word 'pul' for a duckling but we don't have a word. "eend-je' is just a duck you love. We use baby eend or baby eendje (baby for the age; -je depending on how the seller feels about the ducklings :') )
Long story short; I am still not calling you WannaBeHillBillytje so you better work boooi!
So Google translate is completely off, the sentence every spouse is afraid to hear currently:
»Honey, I bought ten ducklings at the farm store.«
Google translates into dutch as:
»Schat, ik kocht tien eendjes in de boerderijwinkel.«
Damn AI! The German translation is perfect:
»Schatz, ich habe zehn Entchen im Hofladen gekauft.«

Oooh, I am now calling everyone je. I may name one of my new ducks Je. That would be Beloved in english?

No, now your duck would be called 'You'. Or "I" for your French friends :p
It only works attached to something :p Magnolia Ducksje!
I'm now wondering where we have came up with this -je/tje since Dutch is so close related to English. I guess English also uses this a bit, a lot or words in English describing something cute/small/you love often end with -ie/y. Who's a cute doggy? You are such a sweety! My hubby! My granny. Mommy and daddy. Ducky, kitty, horsey!

So Google translate is completely off, the sentence every spouse is afraid to hear currently:
»Honey, I bought ten ducklings at the farm store.«
Google translates into dutch as:
»Schat, ik kocht tien eendjes in de boerderijwinkel.«
Damn AI! The German translation is perfect:
»Schatz, ich habe zehn Entchen im Hofladen gekauft.«

The Dutch one too. This time...
Still often laughing out loud about what illigal proposals you accidentally made towards ducks on my website when you used google translate the last time hahahaha!
But I'm pretty sure I have send German people some indecent proposals too by forgetting using a capitable letter on certain words..Oops...
But atleast you immediately have a good laugh with each other in the end :') And laughing is a language we all speak.

very easy to get online too!

Back
Top Bottom