Give me pictures of your chickens and I'll try to sex them

10 week old game chickens. Im pretty sure the one on the right is a roo, but id like to know what you guys think of both and if you know what breed of game chicken they are. I was given 5 game chicks a while back and unsure of what they are.

I don't know about breed, but I'd say there's a pullet and a cockerel there.

Three week old Blue Cochins, their combs pretty much look the same.

Maybe both pullets? Their combs are a little hard to see.

Ok thanks will the cockerels be able to remain together in the group or will I eventually have to separate them. They are all the same age and are a real friendly easy going group.

That depends. Lots of people have luck with keeping multiple roosters together. Roosters have different temperaments, and tend to behave differently when around a number of hens. They might have problems as they mature - maybe around 4-6 months?

If you have less than 10 hens, I would recommend rehoming one cockerel and just keeping one. The ratio is better that way. But it's up to you to decide! As they grow older, your decision might be easier.

here are some better pics of the two.

It's hard to tell. I've never had Cochins, but I assume it's the same as most single-comb breed -- thinking pullets, but give it another week or so. I'd say if there isn't significant reddening/comb development by 5 weeks, they are pullets.

I purchased the following 5 chicks (who are now 4-5 weeks old) - I don't know the breed but if you could give me your view on the sex I would appreciate it - if you can also give me a view on the breed that would also help - many thanks

I purchased the following 5 chicks (who are now 4-5 weeks old) - I don't know the breed but if you could give me your view on the sex I would appreciate it - if you can also give me a view on the breed that would also help - many thanks

1 - Cockerel, Wheaten Marans

2 - Is that a pea comb? Golden Lakenvelder?

3 - Pullet?

4 - Barred Cochin or Cuckoo Marans? Can't see comb?

5 - Blue Cochin or Blue Marans?

They are still young yet. I see no definite cockerel signs on any of the chicks except #1!

Last edited:
Best picture I can get from my phone. 5 week old spitzhaubens. I'm hoping for one of each.

Can you help identify the sex of the following Chick? I think it is a Barred Cochin about 5 weeks old (although if you have views on the breed type as well that would be appreciated)? Many thanks

Can you help identify the sex of the following Chick? I think it is a Barred Cochin about 5 weeks old (although if you have views on the breed type as well that would be appreciated)? Many thanks

Looks like a female. Barred Cochin or (maybe) Cuckoo Marans.

Back
Top Bottom