Giving up a child?

barnie.gif

Last edited:
It's in the lower left of your post - the pencil icon next to the flag.

Breathe!!!
hugs.gif
While I worry about Danny for you, for a minute
fl.gif

Last edited:
Sweetie, you are NOT giving him up or giving up on him. You are freeing him to a safe life with people who understand his needs and will not hurt him emotionally. they will take what skills he has and build on them and he will grow with trained staff around to support him. most facilities like this allow you to visit whenever you want and you can take him home with you for outings and overnight visits... at least that is the way it is here in the USA. He can have the best of both worlds... his family and a safe place to live out his life.

Sweetie, you are NOT giving him up or giving up on him. You are freeing him to a safe life with people who understand his needs and will not hurt him emotionally. they will take what skills he has and build on them and he will grow with trained staff around to support him. most facilities like this allow you to visit whenever you want and you can take him home with you for outings and overnight visits... at least that is the way it is here in the USA. He can have the best of both worlds... his family and a safe place to live out his life.

All of the above plus you are providing for his future when you are no longer here to take care of him It is a wise and good thing that you are considering.

Oesdog, sorry you're having such a stressful time right now. The only thing I can do to help is point out where the EDIT button went to. It's now in the lower left corner of your post. Right next to the red flag for reporting, it's a little yellow pencil icon now. Took me a minute to find it earlier.
hugs.gif
Things will work themselves out for you, I'm sure.

For many years my work was in institutions that mostly care for the elderly demented and for adult severely disabled. I promise you that your feelings are very normal for this situation. You aren't losing a child at all, even though I know it feels like it. Remember that. He is only moving to a place that can better meet his needs, because of things that are available there, but aren't available in your home. It sounds like you realize this is for the best, even though there is that inevitable feeling of loss. And it will be painful for a while, and you will grieve. Hopefully, in time you will feel very differently about the move. I certainly wish you all well.

hugs.gif
I do not usually hug strangers but you need it now. You are doing the hardest thing a parent can do, you see that someone else can help now where you can't. You will get through this and many more things, but remember........They can offer different things he needs but they can't replace you. You will always be MOM and DAD. He will learn many new and interesting things and he will be able to tell you about them and MAYBE teach you a few things......God has blessed you with these children because He new you could do this better than some........

I thank God for the Parents like you.
hugs.gif

You're not giving him up... not at all.
You're giving him a chance to experience other things and have professional help DAILY 24/7... you are helping him!
I have read your past posts about how abusive he can be,.. etc...
It must be so very hard for you and your family to endure...
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom