GMO free feeds?

I use Countryside, but it's got a lot of waste in it. I'm looking for organic crumbles. Anyone know of any? Or, what can I do to turn the powered seed into something the girls will eat?

I use the same feed. I keep my feeder inside the coop, and if the excess starts to look a little too expensive to sweep up and dump in the bin, I just toss it into the pen, and when they are digging around, it gives them something else to pick through. It's generally not a lot, though, they seem to go through most of it. I've even seen them picking through it on the coop floor, from time to time (my feeder hangs about 6" off the ground).

We are a small family-owned feed mill in Washington State that produces Non-GMO, Soy-Free feed made from grains purchased as locally as possible and grown without any pesticides or herbicides. We are also the first feed company in North America to become Verified Non-GMO by The Non-GMO Project! This was a HUGE achievement for us and was a very difficult process!

We ship our feed all over the US via USPS or you may be able find a retail store near you if you live on the West Coast by going to our website. We also sell our feed on Amazon.

GMO Feed Does Affect Chickens!! It affects all animals and humans alike! I have had 2 chickens die from GMO Feed! Here is a link to check out some great info on GMO for humans and animals.

Here is a little evidence, as scientific as it gets, that GMOs have "bad" effects on mammals. This study was a 2 year study done in France completed in September 2012. The whole video is good, but queue video to 8:30 to get straight to the crux of the new findings from this study. I consider this a great study, because the study included 4 groups.

CONTROL GROUPS:
- Group of just round up w/ GMO free corn
- Group of just GMO corn (nk603) grown without round up applied
- Group of GMO corn (nk603) with roundup applied (as we'd normally get)
- Group fed GMO free corn with no round up. (CONTROL)

VIDEO:

BTW - I do avoid GMO feed for myself and my birds. This is where I go for it. It is the most affordable place I have found:
www.phoenixorganicfeed.com

Last edited:
Mr Bear Foot Farms

Scientific method never proves anything conclusively and it never will. Scientific study only reveals data which may or may not reveal correlations. Even after a great study, and a finding of correlations, there is still no conclusive proof of anything. So you are right, to say there is no conclusive proof. I believe one should take these studies and their debunkings with a grain of salt. However you going to embrace GMOs until there is conclusive proof to the contrary, which we know will have materialize. It seems you could similar to those doctors who still argue over whether Vitamin C is good or is a waste of time. There is no conclusive proof vitamin C does anything....just like GMOs haven't been proven to be bad for human consumption.

I am curious to know what science you rely on to justify feeding your birds or yourself GMOs. Perhaps it is the 90 day trial Monsanto helped coduct in 2005. However, I suspect your motivated by the science of economics, and getting a reasonable ROI for your birds or eggs. Please share what studies you feel have merit and are up to your high standard for scientific relevance.

As far as certain breeds of rats who are prone to cancer, there are. However, the study listed above had a control group, which got cancer as was expected for this breed or rat. The relevance of the study is in the comparing the two groups. The GMO eating rats contracted cancer and other biological disruptions beyond that of the control group. However it seems you have dismissed the study based on the European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) standards for scientific study. I am not sure what the EFSA scientific standard are and I am pretty sure you don't either. However, I do know they are a government agency who fill the role of our own FDA. So I take their debunking of dramatic study with a grain of salt as well, since the EFSA is another political organization which is probably for sale as our own FDA is.

Standing by for the science you use to decide how to feed your birds.

www.phoenixorganicfeed.com

Back
Top Bottom