Go on, admit it... Do you talk to your chickens?

Of course! Why wouldn't I, they're my babies :) One time I was in the house and could hear them outside my window, so I looked out and saw that they were sneaking up by the road. I called out the window, "Ladies, where are you going?" And they all ran out to the backyard for attention! (And obviously I gave them lots of it) Most of them know their names and will come when called but Dusti still isn't too sure :)

Of course we do!! They are the best listeners in the world!! And they know exactly what we're saying. And yes, everyone knows I'm crazy. It helps though. I don't have to be careful of anyone hearing me. They know. They all know.

;o)

Of course not! That wouldn't make any sense at all....um, excuse me a moment.
(Gladys, get out of there! You've already laid your egg today and it's Mathilda's turn on the nest.)

As I was saying, when humans talk to birds and other animals it usually.....
(what? She took your what?)
I'll be right back.
(Daphne, did you take Katrina's worm? Well, you can't give it back to her now - you ate it! Kat, go find another one, and Daphne, stay away from her until she's done.)

I'm sorry, I got distracted. Anyway, talking to animals can be indicative of social insecurity....
(Sigh. Now what? No, that is NOT your egg...your eggs are blue, Cora's are dark brown. And such pretty blue eggs they are, too. You're such a good girl and Mama Hen loves ya to death!)

...that can be addressed by, by......oh, hold on to that thought.
(Does her want a little snuggle? She's such a pretty baby girl, yes she is.....go stand over by the door and Mama will snuggle you as soon as she's done, otay?)

At any rate, I do not, nor have I ever, had cause to........
(NO! Not now! You girls cannot go out to play until Daddy gets home and can help me watch you. Do you want a stranger to come along and take you away from your nice little house and all of your sisters?)

...talk to my chickens. They are here for one reason and one reason only - to provide additional....
(That's IT, Agatha. I warned you earlier that you have a perfectly good dust bath tub out in the run and you are NOT to dust bathe in the PDZ on the poop deck. You just earned yourself a time out, girly girl!)

I give up.

Absolutely and I don't care who hears me (which is probably why the neighbors lower their voices when they see me
yesss.gif
). I also make a point to thank each of my girls individually when they give me eggs.

Of course not! That wouldn't make any sense at all....um, excuse me a moment.
(Gladys, get out of there! You've already laid your egg today and it's Mathilda's turn on the nest.)

As I was saying, when humans talk to birds and other animals it usually.....
(what? She took your what?)
I'll be right back.
(Daphne, did you take Katrina's worm? Well, you can't give it back to her now - you ate it! Kat, go find another one, and Daphne, stay away from her until she's done.)

I'm sorry, I got distracted. Anyway, talking to animals can be indicative of social insecurity....
(Sigh. Now what? No, that is NOT your egg...your eggs are blue, Cora's are dark brown. And such pretty blue eggs they are, too. You're such a good girl and Mama Hen loves ya to death!)

...that can be addressed by, by......oh, hold on to that thought.
(Does her want a little snuggle? She's such a pretty baby girl, yes she is.....go stand over by the door and Mama will snuggle you as soon as she's done, otay?)

At any rate, I do not, nor have I ever, had cause to........
(NO! Not now! You girls cannot go out to play until Daddy gets home and can help me watch you. Do you want a stranger to come along and take you away from your nice little house and all of your sisters?)

...talk to my chickens. They are here for one reason and one reason only - to provide additional....
(That's IT, Agatha. I warned you earlier that you have a perfectly good dust bath tub out in the run and you are NOT to dust bathe in the PDZ on the poop deck. You just earned yourself a time out, girly girl!)

I give up.
bow.gif
Blooie nails it!

Back
Top Bottom