Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
Good morning everyone.
So, I recently purchased some English GLO hatching eggs off eBay. The add was for GLO and Blue laced gold. The eggs have had great growth all through the incubation with a very high survival rate at this point. Well, today is hatch day and the first chuck is out and drying off....Much to my horror the chick is blonde with faint chipmunk stripes.....like no glo chicks I've ever seen. Has anyone had chicks hatching out this color or have I been bamboozled?! I'm currently at work but I will post a pic later this evening when I get home

Good morning everyone.
So, I recently purchased some English GLO hatching eggs off eBay. The add was for GLO and Blue laced gold. The eggs have had great growth all through the incubation with a very high survival rate at this point. Well, today is hatch day and the first chuck is out and drying off....Much to my horror the chick is blonde with faint chipmunk stripes.....like no glo chicks I've ever seen. Has anyone had chicks hatching out this color or have I been bamboozled?! I'm currently at work but I will post a pic later this evening when I get home

Good morning Elliemae77, my guess would be that they are breeding blue laced gold to blue laced gold in which case your little chick will be Buff Laced white (ie splash of the gold laced) and beautiful I might add!
smile.png

Good morning everyone.

In which case he would look kind of like this when he is grown ( or she
smile.png
)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom