Golden Comet Chickens, HELP!

I never knew they could have allot of variation in color. i have three golden comets. Mines peep to much when i hold them but my red sex links are soo sweet....lets see how they are once they are older!

Well, I have three golden comets and I don't like them. They lay a big brown egg everday, and its winter here so they must lay through the winter. They pick on most of my other chickens and are mean to the younger birds. You can't get near them at all. They like roosting very high.

we are getting more comets this year. I love them, They are quick too. Very friendly, There is another one out supposedly as friendly, begins with an a. Gosh can't remember.

I just got 2 golden Comets, 8 weeks, and they are already getting used to me and I have only had them one week! When I come to open up the pen they fly right up to me. I think they are beautiful too. These are the first chickens I have ever owned and I am in love with them!

I have golden comet's and they are very calm and sweet. They lay every day, even in winter. Mine free-range during the day, and the only time they ever stop laying is if I keep them in the coop & run for more than two days (spoiled babies!) They are supposed to be one of the best layers around.

Of my 8 chicks, 2 are golden comets. They are SO friendly and affectionate. Mine are 4 weeks old and love to be stroked and picked up. I love them.

i have golden comets from what i have read they are a hybrid of a male new hampshire red and a female silver rock, they are very loveable, they jump up on my lap and let me pet them and rub their necks, they are good layers and lay early-after about 3 months, they are very hardy and good for northern climates, mine have been a joy, they are so much fun-hope this helps

I have one Golden Comet (Poppy) and she is great - gets along very well with the other girls and started laying at 13 weeks! Since then she has produced an egg every day - I would certainly recommend them....

Here's Kolu...a 10-week-old pullet. She's the last one to go in the house at night...likes to be out after it's too dark for the others.

25891_kula_1.jpg

She looks just like my Goldie!I have 2 Golden Comets and they are very good egg layers. Shelly is a little bossy, but Goldie is sweet. They share a coop with my EE Daisy and they get along fine. Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom