Golden cuckoo maran or olive egger?

I'd also look at the feed store bird as the weak link here. I'd isolate her first to see if/what she's laying. Her comb isn't too developed in the pic, but maybe it's not recent? Anyway, I'd be wondering where the feed store got that breed from, agree with Misha that's pretty unusual.

I will post another picture of the chickens in just a few minutes.
But the pictures are all less than a month old, they are all about 6 to 7 months old, so should be fully developed.

[/IMG]

Good lord, are feed stores carrying Golden Cuckoos now?? Hmm. That was quick.

Since it came from a hatchery the supposed Golden Cuckoo could be anything, really, though taking a glance at it I'd guess that's what it is. Hatcheries can tamper pretty well with things in just a few generations though.

The "Marans" in the back is showing a modified pea comb and a distinctly Easter Egger-y face. I'd guess she's your olive layer. Easiest way to tell who's laying what is to cage each bird off for a few days until you find the culprit.
I agree.

Oh no shes actually part silkie (doesnt look like it) but shes never layed an egg with a shell and is now far past laying age. Shes always been a really odd chicken. None of the others pay attention to her...

Back
Top Bottom