Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Not my pics. Found them online as examples of comb shape.

True Wyandotte's have a rose comb
You are correct..I got some Silver Laced Wyandottes from a hatchery years ago and half had single comb and half had rose comb. Some had other issues as well and I learned never to get anything I was planning to breed from a hatchery or feed store. If you are planning to breed something it is best to get some of the best stock rather than getting something that will have lots of issues and flaws down the road. Some only do it for the price (as I did back then) but you can get chicks or hatching eggs from good stock if you shop around. This time of year is great because many breeders are wanting to get rid of what chicks or grow outs they have left from the spring.

Just received these two girls today. Excited to see them grow up!
love.gif

Just received these two girls today. Excited to see them grow up!:love
They are sure Cute!!....we have 11 that will be 3wks old on Sunday....they all have their wing feathers and the hens are growing their tails....the 2 roos haven't started growing theirs just yet....but, we did have to put a Top on their brooder just to contain them....the little rascals were flying out....LOL....they are certainly working on the 'Pecking Order' too....LOL!!

They are sure Cute!!....we have 11 that will be 3wks old on Sunday....they all have their wing feathers and the hens are growing their tails....the 2 roos haven't started growing theirs just yet....but, we did have to put a Top on their brooder just to contain them....the little rascals were flying out....LOL....they are certainly working on the 'Pecking Order' too....LOL!!

Wow!! 11!! It is sad how fast they grow but always fun to watch the milestones!

[/IMG]

So, here's Birdba Fett (glw) and Kylo Hen (partridge cochin), they're both 7 1/2 weeks old and I'm 98% sure my glw is a boy. I'm thinking Kylo Hen maybe is too but she/he is lower on my list of concerns currently. Birdba Fett is the most social and technically my nephews so it'll be a tough break to get rid of him/her. What do you guys think?

The golden laced Wyandotte: 19 weeks old still hasn't laid, expecting her to around 22 weeks.

Last edited:
Just got two of these beauties today in the mail along with some silkies and salmon faverolles. I'm sooo excited!!! I think this breed is BEAUTIFUL!

Back
Top Bottom