Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

My Golden Laced Wyandotte Eve, is pretty savage. She is the one I rescued from being scalped. Her personality, I think, was ruined by this incident. Don't get me wrong, she loves me.... its the other chickens she dislikes. In her defense, they pick on her, but she will literally pin the younger ones down. My buff orpington is bald now because Eve pecked out all of her head feathers (I'm thinking its because Eve didn't like being the only bald chicken)... but what can you do!? I've considered rehoming her, but she is so friendly to me that I would be riddled with guilt. I'm hoping the sunny summer weather and new fenced forest/pasture area will improve her attitude about life.

I have 3 three Gold Laced hens and 18 roosters (for meat) from a hatchery. They're all 11 weeks old.
This is Honey, she's the smallest and darker than everyone else.
P4270941.JPG

These two are Goldie Hawn and Peanut with a Buffy in the middle. These two have more gold on them than Honey does.
20170517_151214.jpg

These are some of the boys. I have one single comb I call Mr. T.
20170517_150818.jpg
I don't plan on showing any of them unless my kid wants to show one for 4H or something... I wouldn't even know what to look for in a show quality bird.

I have three hatchery GLWs, and I adore them...they are friendly, inquisitive and smart. They are about 16 months old, and are laying large eggs. One of them has gone broody twice already...so it can happen. She was rather hard to break as well. No roos in my flock, they are for eggs and spoiling severely.

I did say my GLWs never ever go broody! Well, you know what they say about saying Never! One of my girls wasn't around when I went out to lock up the coops so thought an owl got her as she was in the habit of flying into the tree. She showed up this morning with chicks! I was so happy but I have no idea where she hid. I checked everywhere but apparently she's pretty good at hiding.
First broody GLW in 10 years!

So, this is Marie. She, I hope that she is a girl, she is approximately 9 weeks tomorrow. She runs, and does not like to be held. I tried to hold her everyday from the time I got her, but she does not like it lol.

IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG
IMG_4581.JPG

I have 3 GLWs.........10 weeks old......love them......haven't named them yet, but the biggest of the 3 is definitely the boss, I also have 3 Buff Orpingtons, same age, my largest GLW is pretty bossy, she waits every night for all the other girls to go into the coop before she goes in........love it......

Attachments

• 20170629_072106.jpg
    20170629_072106.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170629_075018.jpg
    20170629_075018.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170629_075037.jpg
    20170629_075037.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom