Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
These guys are so pretty! I plan on getting a few this Spring to add to our coop :) We have just gotten into chickens, my Grandmother gave us 4 Dom/RIR crosses at Thanksgiving and now we are hooked!

Hi, and welcome to BYC! Yes, chickens can be very addicting. Build BIG! Like really big unless you have lots of control. LOL. I started out with silkies and 2 SLW's and 2 GLW's. Then I saw faverolles, and really fell in love. THEN I saw more and more and more... and now I need to win the lotto, buy a big spread, build the biggest chicken house ever with pens and feilds and have some of everything... AND I am delusional, but a girl can dream!

Got my first Bantam GLW egg yesterday. Looks like incubator gets fired up soon.

My pair of GL Bantams arrived this morning! Are they great? No but better than I had a right to hope for. A good starting point. My Cockerel is not as good as my friends Cock bird and the hens are all about equal. We are already planning on switching males every 3 weeks when they start laying. I need a better/faster camera because I had good pictures framed but I can't seem to push the button early enough to catch them at the right time.

It is a very slow thread. .. I was tempted to draw that out! LOL

I almost lost my single girl last month... No Decemeber it was... Well, she's back up and about and out in the coop. Not sure exactly what the problem was, but a few days on antibiotics and in the much warmer garage set her to rights...

But yeah... we need to have some info, breeders of these Guys and Gals cuz I want to find some from a REPUTABLE breeder and not a hatchery again...

What happened to this thread!! Is there a different one people are using for the GLW? We need to get this thread going again if not...
I guess everyones on the "Wyandotte" thread I only have 1 GL pullet, bought 4 4 week old chicks & ended up with 1 GL pullet, 1 BL roo, 1 BLR roo & 1 BLR pullet :(

Back
Top Bottom