Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Well, back at the end of last and the begining of this year, I was sure that I was going to lose my last dotte hen. She's made a full recovery, I still do not know what was wrong with her, but a round of antibiotics, a stint in the garage, and wahlah! She's recovered and was the first one to brave the great white outdoors today. The first time in weeks any of my birds has been out even with the shoveled path.

Anyone live near RI and want GLW cockerel??? I got one last year through a sexing error and would like to give him away to get a couple more hens. He's from MPC, not a breeder, but he's pretty...will post a pic if anyone's interested.

Anyone know if is possible to sex GLW at 3 weeks. I have 2 I think are both roos. They are feathering in at different rates. One still has all down on its back and one has some feathering on its back. I was wondering if difference could determine the sex. They both came from Tractor Supply in a straight run bin.

Last edited:
Well, back at the end of last and the begining of this year, I was sure that I was going to lose my last dotte hen. She's made a full recovery, I still do not know what was wrong with her, but a round of antibiotics, a stint in the garage, and wahlah! She's recovered and was the first one to brave the great white outdoors today. The first time in weeks any of my birds has been out even with the shoveled path.

Nice hen, isn't he best lacing, but still nice, wouldn't breed from her, to much black

Anyone know if is possible to sex GLW at 3 weeks. I have 2 I think are both roos. They are feathering in at different rates. One still has all down on its back and one has some feathering on its back. I was wondering if difference could determine the sex. They both came from Tractor Supply in a straight run bin.

I think its two late for that, but give it a few more weeks and you'll know. I know that I got 2 from TSC also, one turned out to be a boy. Unluckily, he ended up being dinner for a raccoon...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom