Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
6.5 weeks old pullet or roo?

Brought home my first GLW's yesterday.
:D
The local seller states they are 2 weeks old, and they come from Belt Hatchery. I have wanted GLW for years, but the shipping is too expensive for small orders, and I can't handle a big order.

I had not been able to find any GLW anywhere around my area, and as I am not going to be breeding, I am fine with not having show quality. Of course, it would be a delight to luck into one of these turning out as show quality, but mostly I just want to see them strolling around the yard.

Has anyone else here gotten GLW from Belt?

Last edited:
Quote:

My straight run of GLW came from Townline hatchery. I was so impressed I called the feed store to see where they came from and I will buy all my chicks from here from now on, they are growing healthily and big.

It took some time to find this page, but I just had to post our official photoshoot for our two GLW girls! They are about 2 weeks now.

This is Martha. She's my favorite :).

And here's Mildred.

I'm afraid I have three rooster GLWs. Here is a photo of the only one I think could be female.

GLW 1

Here is one that screams cockerel! They are both 7 weeks old. What do you think?

Sad to say that our Golden Laced Wyandotte and one of our Silver Laced Wyandottes was eaten by a Raccoon who entered the coop via the nest box. Lacey, the Golden Laced Wyandotte, was actually the pullet that is in the first post on this thread. She was shy, beautiful, and will be missed by her three remaining sisters. To honor her, we are getting some new chicks in May, one of which will be a GLW. I will make sure to post pictures when they arrive!

RIP Lacey <3

Back
Top Bottom