Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Hi I'm new to this breed but I ordered some chicks from Meyer hatchery and I'm not sure here which one is my GLW and which is my BLRW any help would be appreciated.........

If you look up the genetics of the blue laced reds, gold laced... Ect from what I'm reading they do not breed true. Its a lot like the blue, black, splash of the ameraucanas...
Let me see if I can find a link to post for you. :)

Hi I'm new to this breed but I ordered some chicks from Meyer hatchery and I'm not sure here which one is my GLW and which is my BLRW any help would be appreciated.........
You know, it's actually pretty hard to tell with some. I ordered three Wyandottes from Meyer in March of this year: a GLW, a SLW, and a BLRW, and the only one I knew for sure when they first started to feather out was the SLW. In fact, I had the other two mixed up for the longest time until they were about 12 weeks old. In my opinion, time will tell, and the BLRW will eventually be self-evident. My Cheyenne (BLRW) is an unusually dark girl when compared to the more conventional color, but yet it is obvious what she is.

-Alex

You know, it's actually pretty hard to tell with some. I ordered three Wyandottes from Meyer in March of this year: a GLW, a SLW, and a BLRW, and the only one I knew for sure when they first started to feather out was the SLW. In fact, I had the other two mixed up for the longest time until they were about 12 weeks old. In my opinion, time will tell, and the BLRW will eventually be self-evident. My Cheyenne (BLRW) is an unusually dark girl when compared to the more conventional color, but yet it is obvious what she is. -Alex
Thanks so much for the info.. I will wait and see

You know, it's actually pretty hard to tell with some. I ordered three Wyandottes from Meyer in March of this year: a GLW, a SLW, and a BLRW, and the only one I knew for sure when they first started to feather out was the SLW. In fact, I had the other two mixed up for the longest time until they were about 12 weeks old. In my opinion, time will tell, and the BLRW will eventually be self-evident. My Cheyenne (BLRW) is an unusually dark girl when compared to the more conventional color, but yet it is obvious what she is. -Alex
Wow! She's got a lot of vibrant red to her. She's gorgeous.
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom