Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
What are the behaviors, any crowing actions? I notice with my roosters that I raise that I see them acting like roosters. It is adorable!!!!
They usually don't start kazooing until puberty hits, but I've had some less than a week old chest-bumping each other in the brooder tub. The batch I have with hens and a capon don't do that, because momma/cnanny won't allow such rowdiness. Cockerels also tend to stand up straight and look around if something catches their attention.

They usually don't start kazooing until puberty hits, but I've had some less than a week old chest-bumping each other in the brooder tub. The batch I have with hens and a capon don't do that, because momma/cnanny won't allow such rowdiness. Cockerels also tend to stand up straight and look around if something catches their attention.
I have actually little actions going on in the brooder, little head movements and chest bumping goes on in there. I can tell my pullets from cockerels by 3 weeks because they tend to be the ones who dont run when a noise comes, they tend to stand up straight and look.

I am trying to get some Black Copper Marans and I would like to experiment with crossing them with my Golden Laced Wyandottes. Any thoughts or concerns?

For your own backyard project, you can do whatever! My GLW roo crossed over a Welsummer hen gave me some great laying & foraging hens. I have a broody sitting on some green eggs from a BO/EE hen that lays everyday, should be interesting if the beard from the EE or the lacing from the roo comes through on the chicks.

For your own backyard project, you can do whatever! My GLW roo crossed over a Welsummer hen gave me some great laying & foraging hens. I have a broody sitting on some green eggs from a BO/EE hen that lays everyday, should be interesting if the beard from the EE or the lacing from the roo comes through on the chicks.
I would love to see pics of these chickens! I have been wondering about crossing some of my hens and roos.

Can anyone tell me if this if a Golden laced wyandotte or what breed would you think? thanks!

She looks like a GLW to me: gold-laced pattern on her feathers, yellow legs/feet, rose comb, and a round shaped body.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your help. She was given to me and the lady wasn't sure what breed she was. She is 2 years old but the lady told me she wasn't laying --- so we will see. :)

I just got m
y golden yesterday. She's about a year old. A little nervous from being moved but she has her friend a buff Orpington. She's huge! I think shell settle down nicely.

Back
Top Bottom