Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

I had an Ameraucana do this also but it caught up and feathered out eventually. Still had never seen it except from hatchery birds but he wasn't from a hatchery.

Ericinga - Yes, these are from a hatchery. We got Wyadottes for their cold hardiness - this one will need feathers soon. We can easily be in the 40's at night by Sept. (I'm in the mountains). How long did it take for your Ameraucana to eventually feather out?

Ericinga - Yes, these are from a hatchery. We got Wyadottes for their cold hardiness - this one will need feathers soon. We can easily be in the 40's at night by Sept. (I'm in the mountains). How long did it take for your Ameraucana to eventually feather out?

It was 3 months old on the 20th of July and I would say its pretty much feathered now. I would say in a month or maybe a month and a half it just started feathering one day and feathered more each day. He came from a person that was pretty much mass hatching like hatcheries do and did not care about the breed but more about inbreeding to grow his flock and in time this is a genetic flaw that can occur. In the end it is more about the $$$ and not about the breed.

Hello.I purchased a GLW chick that was born May 4 from local feed store. At 10 weeks she started to crow. Defintely a cockeral. Crowing every morning now.
Renamed her from Rose to Ross. I am hoping to rehome him with another BYC er. I live in the Bay Area and will deliver him 2 hours away to a new home. I have a no crow collar that minimized the volume a little but city does not allow roosters. Please let me know. I posted to the Rehoming Thread too.
Thanks

I found a new forever home for my 2 12 week old cockerals. So happy. Thx all.

Back
Top Bottom