Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

These guys are so nice the reminded me of my little seramas I call "Toy Soldier" he is a laces bronze tail golden cocoapop....

79318_cimg1913.jpg

79318_cimg1914.jpg

79318_cimg2471.jpg

79318_cimg2465.jpg

79318_cimg2496.jpg

79318_cimg2468.jpg

That is about the most beautiful bird I ever saw. She is a tower of golden loveliness!

Frithest - You are so nice to say so! I love her - would love to have more like her! She came from Mt. Healthy, via a local feed store several years ago. I got a couple more from Mt. Healthy a year ago and they weren't nearly as nice as the first bunch I got. The second group was MUCH smaller.

I wish I had a photo of what she did when she felt her chicks were threatened! It was startling! She puffed herself up so that she literally filled the width of that big dog crate and came at me! She made me jump back! (I was JUST trying to clean something out of the crate for them!)​

Quote:
Yes, Pros... good layers.. absolute beauties... good sized chickens so roosters make a good meal when you have to many
cons... not as friendly, they aren't mean, but don't really like you to pick them up as easy once they are past the cute little chick stage. Will come up to you thou, just don't try and catch them... ALTHO, at bed time you can pluck em off the roost boards and give them a pet and a squeeze, and they aren't to objective to it... And I must say, they have the softest feathers... very satiny.... Softer than a silkies... IMO

They are! Mine are supposed to start laying at the end of this month. I don't think it will be till november though, they are only just getting their wattles. Of course my leggern just suddenly had wattles and a comb! She's should be laying real soon. It'll be so nice to get my dozen eggs week!

Back
Top Bottom