Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Yeah, both look like girls to me. The missing feathers could be from feather picking from their previous home. They are lovely birds, and if you want them to be handled, you need to work at getting them there early. Wyandottes though friendly, do not always like to be picked up.. Mine will eat out of my hand, and occasionally I can pick one up, or pet one, but they normally RUN AWAY when I try.

Thank you NovaAman! I've noticed they are very timid. I have been tempting them with sunflower seeds and dried mealworms to get them to come up to me. They still won't eat out of my hand yet..but they are coming closer. I will definitely start picking them up daily! :)
They are very sweet, and really quiet. Hardly a peep out of them. I'm excited to have them join the flock, but a little concerned re: the pecking order with the older girls and the little SLW. I hope she doesn't get picked on too badly.

Mine have pretty much been the tops on the pecking order thing. They will get it worked out. You really need to make sure that if it seems one or more girls are being kept away from the feed, you may want to consider a second feeder. I have 6 feeding stations and 6 watering stations.The feed and water are not in the same locations. And some of the feeding stations are just small plastic planter with feed in them. I have 34 birds at the moment, and I do not have any that can not find a place to eat at any given time. That will be the biggest thing in the pecking issue, next to actual violence against another hen that you need to watch for.

Good to know. They are in a separate fenced in area & coop right now, and I will make sure I add extra food & water in the main run as well. Thanks for the advice.. I can use all I can get.
big_smile.png

Hello everyone,

After that really original greeting...

I have a nice starter flock of GLWs for sale. They are show quality and come from Dave Lefeber. I got a pair of birds from him at his farewell party and he died that same week.

This year, I put that male with the hen I got from Dave and with 2 Silver Laced hens that I hatched from Jerry Foley birds. I hatched about 20 of these offspring that I kept and have been culling through.

I'm offering the original pair, another pair of Duane Urch GLWs (the male did not get the job done, but if you want him to try next year, he's yours :) ), and all the offspring (about 10 pullets and one cockeral--birds from the original Lefeber pair are toe punched accordingly-I believe there are 3 total), also including 2 young Silver males that carry Golden (if you want them). So if my count is right, I'm offering about 17 birds total, the majority of which are females (12, I think).

Again, they are nice, high-quality birds and they deserve a home that is willing to keep trying to bring back the GLW to its prior glory and keep Dave's line going as long as possible :) Asking $300 for the whole flock, pick up only. Email me if interested: [email protected]

Below is nice pullet photo.

Holy sheep poop! He is wonderful! Oh, how I wish I had the money... Him alone makes me want them, BUT then I'd have to build another coop, with a huge run to keep every one else out and them in and happy with the space... Oh, man... I hope you find them a great home.

Just saw this post yesterday, was wanting to post some pics of my girls, but they are camera shy and wouldn't come out from under the nest boxes. Will try again later hopefully I will have better luck.

Noticed no one has posted here in like a month!!

Anyway, my girls are beautiful.. My roo is not quite what Im looking for in breeder quality and would like to replace him with show or breeder quality before starting to breed. Biggest problem is his back is a little to long. But sure is handsome!!!

Anyone recommend a breeder? Im in NY

Noticed no one has posted here in like a month!! 

Anyway, my girls are beautiful.. My roo is not quite what Im looking for in breeder quality and would like to replace him with show or breeder quality before starting to breed.  Biggest problem is his back is a little to long.  But sure is handsome!!! 

Anyone recommend a breeder? Im in NY 
Hi I'm in Texas & only have 1 GL but here's her pic & would love to see yours :frow She's 6 months old now
100_2720_zpsa19a28e6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom