Golden Retriever Thread!

Yes they've had there 12 year old since he was a pup so they are very attached to him. His sister born three years before him just passed at 15 years last summer. They got the new pup from a couple who they were friends with and when they split up no one wanted the dog because he's a big malamute husky who can be very destructive at times. The older dog actually usually starts the fights, I think he feels threatened by the young dog.

Yes they've had there 12 year old since he was a pup so they are very attached to him. His sister born three years before him just passed at 15 years last summer. They got the new pup from a couple who they were friends with and when they split up no one wanted the dog because he's a big malamute husky who can be very destructive at times. The older dog actually usually starts the fights, I think he feels threatened by the young dog.

That's understandable then, I'd be very attached too. Maybe they could rehome the younger one? Since they didn't really intend to get him anyway? But oh wow, that makes sense that he'd be threatened. Do they get exercise? Maybe they both need more exercise?

That's understandable then, I'd be very attached too. Maybe they could rehome the younger one? Since they didn't really intend to get him anyway? But oh wow, that makes sense that he'd be threatened. Do they get exercise? Maybe they both need more exercise?

They bring them hiking and skiing a lot. They're prettt devoted people I give them that. We have three chicken that don't get along with our other three and I've had about enough of it. I can't imagine how it must be with dogs and inside the home.

They bring them hiking and skiing a lot. They're prettt devoted people I give them that. We have three chicken that don't get along with our other three and I've had about enough of it. I can't imagine how it must be with dogs and inside the home.

Oh wow that's awesome then :) and they sure seem devoted. I couldn't imagine either but if they don't mind it that's good :)

Ooh yay! I decided to expand my breeding program haha, i now have 3 female Golden’s and 1 male.
First female is Lexi, she’s the one who had puppies before, she’ll be having a litter February or March and then spayed and retired because she’ll be 5, and then i have Sadie, she’ll be bred early this spring for her first litter, and then a new girl who i just got two days ago, no name for her yet, and she’ll be bred this spring or summer. And my male, Rusty, he’s such a majestic looking AND acting dog, i love him!
So yeah.. i thought i was gonna stop breeding but i love the Golden’s sooooo much and my past puppies have turned out so well, everyone LOVES them. They’re adorable and have crazy awesome personalities, which is really important to me.
41CD5F4E-D76D-416F-BED2-12A894259702.jpeg

958F382D-F700-4F3D-B991-A891ECC9CA74.jpeg

1181C8D6-1426-4E8E-A63F-D0AB0A95EC91.jpeg

Last edited:
Ooh yay! I decided to expand my breeding program haha, i now have 3 female Golden’s and 1 male.
First female is Lexi, she’s the one who had puppies before, she’ll be having a litter February or March and then spayed and retired because she’ll be 5, and then i have Sadie, she’ll be bred early this spring for her first litter, and then a new girl who i just got two days ago, no name for her yet, and she’ll be bred this spring or summer. And my male, Rusty, he’s such a majestic looking AND acting dog, i love him!
So yeah.. i thought i was gonna stop breeding but i love the Golden’s sooooo much and my past puppies have turned out so well, everyone LOVES them. They’re adorable and have crazy awesome personalities, which is really important to me.
View attachment 1211491
View attachment 1211490
View attachment 1211498

Wow that's awesome! Personality is definitely important! How are yours intelligence wise? They are all beautiful!! Love the second photo especially and the last one. I love them all though

2nd picture is Sadie, i can’t wait to breed her!
And i would say they’re pretty intelligent, i haven’t had anyone do any special training with any of the pups yet so it’s hard to judge for sure.
But as far as basic obedience they’re all great.
This is Rusty, i couldn’t get his picture to upload on my first post
D286E11E-FEDF-4380-BC12-A0F6021EB712.jpeg

Not my best picture of him but my other ones won’t load for some reason

2nd picture is Sadie, i can’t wait to breed her!
And i would say they’re pretty intelligent, i haven’t had anyone do any special training with any of the pups yet so it’s hard to judge for sure.
But as far as basic obedience they’re all great.
This is Rusty, i couldn’t get his picture to upload on my first post
View attachment 1211792
Not my best picture of him but my other ones won’t load for some reason

I can see why! She's beautiful!

That makes sense! They seem like great dogs.

And he's handsome! He looks big there haha how big is he?

I can see why! She's beautiful!

That makes sense! They seem like great dogs.

And he's handsome! He looks big there haha how big is he?
He’s pretty big! I haven't weighed him yet but he’s definitely taller than all my other dogs. And has a really blocky head.

Back
Top Bottom