Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

My favorite movie back in the day was Dracula with Keanu Reeves and Wynnona Rider. Then there was Little Monsters and Goonies and The Monster Squad and Lost Boys and Interview with a Vampire and The Peanutbutter Solution and Troll and House and House II and Twightlight and The Messengers and They and The Others and Practical Magic and The Sixth Sence and The Grudge and The Grudge 2 and The Fog and Vanhelsing and The Mummy 1,2,& 3 and the Shining and It. And who could forget the Harry Potter Series.

Last edited:
Quote:
I never did either. The only movie my parents put me in my room for was some Jerry Springer movie... So naturally I watched under the door
tongue.png

I feel that watching horror movies led me to be planned for anything. When I go into a room I awlays make an escape plan. Never know when a crazy guy with a chainsaw might show up!

Let us know what you pick!

Quote:
And never rudely enter an empty house just because the door is open!

Once my husband and I were driving some backroads. We came to gas station that slightly resembed the one in Wrong Turn. I had to go to the bathroom but my husband and I didn't stop. After all, there might be mutant cannibals living there!

Last edited:
Quote:
And never rudely enter an empty house just because the door is open!

Once my husband and I were driving some backroads. We came to gas station that slightly resembed the one in Wrong Turn. I had to go to the bathroom but my husband and I didn't stop. After all, there might be mutant cannibals living there!

That sounds like House of 1000 Corpses or The Hills Have Eyes.

The Hills Have Eyes would really be the only one that would creep me out (Even then only if I was in the middle of the desert). Could you imagine getting stranded out in the middle of the desert? What would you do?!?

Oh! I just thought of one suspense / a little scary movie that creeped my kids out big time! I had to rent it, because it is an old Disney movie, believe it or not. It's called "Watcher in the Woods". Great movie for younger minds! All the blood and guts are absent in this one, but the nail biting suspense is there.
wink.png

I think Poultergeist was the first horror movie I ever saw, nearly scared me to death! It's rated PG so for the most part it's just plain scary, not the gruesome violent stuff that's popular today. Another good one that's a lot of fun (and some might laugh at me for calling a horror film) is Gremlins! I'm a bit of a chicken (no offense to chickens) but that movie really scared me, but I was also able to laugh and enjoy it too!

It's not scary in the least, but I adore Hocus Pocus
big_smile.png
That would be good for a much younger kid (the 11 year old would like it, but would feel "cheated" out of his horror movie
wink.png
)

meri

Back
Top Bottom