Good treats for baby chicks?

Sorry, an old farmer once told me that when a chicken gets the taste of a broken egg she may turn into a egg eater. So i guess that's why i wouldn't think to feed a chicken eggs. I guess i just learned something new.
Thanks

I just gave mine some pieces of well-cooked spaghetti. The resultant madly peeping stampede was hilarious to see.
lau.gif

My little nuggets are about 3 1/2 weeks old. I swear, they've doubled in size since this morning! Is it okay for me to give them some plain yogurt? I always have some around for a weekly treat to our adult chickens, but I feel like our nuggets are getting bored in their mini house.
Thanks!

My chicks are 1 1/2 weeks old. They don't eat any new treats if I am there, but I do notice it gone by the time I come back later. They aren't bold enough to eat out of my hand yet.

My little nuggets are about 3 1/2 weeks old. I swear, they've doubled in size since this morning! Is it okay for me to give them some plain yogurt? I always have some around for a weekly treat to our adult chickens, but I feel like our nuggets are getting bored in their mini house.
Thanks!
I'd say they are plenty old enough to enjoy some yogurt! Mine are only 3 and 4 weeks old and have had eggs (scrambled and boiled), scratch, baby crickets, and spaghetti.

Alright! I gave them some yogurt and at first they would go out of their way to avoid it, but I checked on them about 30 minutes later and they had licked (pecked?) the plate clean! Little goobers!

Back
Top Bottom