Good treats for baby chicks?

I have been feeding my 2 week old chicks scrambled egg for about a week and mixing plain yogurt in their crumbles because I read it helped treat pasty butt. They love the egg (don't notice the yogurt mixed in). Now whenever I come downstairs in the morning they follow my around waiting for me to fix their breakfast!

I will scamble eggs for them in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Isn't it kind of a not good idea to give them eggs? I mean, I REALLY don't want them to start getting a
taste for eggs, since they are going to be layers (Buff. Orps.)
smile.png
I think yogurt sounds like a great idea!!!
AND, mine usually LOOOOOVE moths!!!! If I put on in their box, they go INSANE!!!!!!! One will catch it,
and then rund around and around peeping as louda as it can, and everyone is chasing it!!!!
big_smile.png
They are
soooo cute!!! But, anyway, Just wondering about the whole egg thing cause I just don't want them
eating eggs. :\\

Quote:
Well, don't give them the shells until they're of age to lay eggs, as the calcium would not be good for them until then...after they start to lay, by all means give them shells, just make sure they're crumbled up small so they don't look like eggs or pieces of eggs!

Hi, I am real excited about getting my chicks in Feb and I have been feverishly reading about giving the babies treats. I have noticed avacado was on someones list, I am no expert by any means but I have read where you should not feed them avacado it is toxic as is the potato.

Back
Top Bottom