GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

P, I do believe that once she has at least 7 eggs, she could quickly go broody on you. Perhaps take a few eggs out and in the meantime I'll start gathering eggs for you.
thumbsup.gif
Okay and when you get some together pm me and we'll work out everything okay. She is now back outside so maybe she is beginning to get the urge and it hasn't completely taken over I'll take a couple away. I don't need many maybe 4 don't you think that would be a good number they all have to fit into the goose house while they are growing lol the gosling plus mom and dad.

Last edited:
Sounds good. It will probably take me a week or so, assuming Beignet is in a regular laying pattern. I'm really excited to see them hatch babies and
fl.gif
you get a buff girl.

Okay ya'll Missy laid her 7th egg this morning I am assuming since she was inside quite a while, just a few hours ago I saw her and Sammy out walking around but just went back out to see if I could go in an check and she is back on her nest, Do you think it's possible with just laying 7 that she is already feeling the broody urge? if So Hey J better start collecting. lol or is this just typical behavior, I again don't remember her doing this last year. but then again last year was her first year of laying. I have depend on you old timers in info. thanks
Exciting, MLyd!! My geese have gone broody with 3, 6 (favourite number), and 7 eggs. Don´t get disappointed if she does this on/off for a day or two, but for sure she´s really close to seriously broody! Yes!!!!

Exciting, MLyd!! My geese have gone broody with 3, 6 (favourite number), and 7 eggs. Don´t get disappointed if she does this on/off for a day or two, but for sure she´s really close to seriously broody! Yes!!!!
I'm excited too but what if J sends eggs and she isn't, it's so hard to know when it's time when they are your own eggs.
Sounds good. It will probably take me a week or so, assuming Beignet is in a regular laying pattern. I'm really excited to see them hatch babies and
fl.gif
you get a buff girl.
Oh my goodness well you know that one would stay here forever.

Back
Top Bottom