GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

new vids and gosling in egg pics

79136a15d33ec76356c7189eec2cc026.jpg
7575782ea007c7314fc886952b9b6c3c.jpg
ad60cfe4932678874b132714755a5efa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Not sure if anyone can answer my question , what temp and humidity levels to you have on lock down , I am loosing my babies just days before they hatch

Thanks Flockman. That guide has become my guru over the past year, but it is quite wordy and my poor old brain sometimes does not take it all in ha ha!
he.gif

I would try to help you but whatever I did last year I had the same results. Mine died just before hatching. Only one pipped then apparently shrink wrapped and died. This year I am letting the girls do all the work. One proved herself last year. She hatched 8 out of 8 eggs. Let's see if she can do a repeat!

I would try to help you but whatever I did last year I had the same results. Mine died just before hatching. Only one pipped then apparently shrink wrapped and died. This year I am letting the girls do all the work. One proved herself last year. She hatched 8 out of 8 eggs. Let's see if she can do a repeat!
Ok I just lost the last lockdown egg , it had internal pipped but no movement

my Sebbie has gone broody , can I transfer the remaining to her to hatch?

I'm so very confused 0_0 the goose I watched lay an egg 3 times just raped the holy heck out of my other goose & this was no dominance display this was full on courtship.Is she desperately wanting a gander or something? If so what's wrong with my drakes?

That gander really wants to be a papa. or a mama. I just hope things don't get out of hand when hatching begins and goslings get trampled. you'll have to watch for that and maybe remove the gander if he doesn't cooperate. Funny about the geese and ducks, my gosh my geese won't let the duck get near them. :/

I've been thinking about removing him, I just candled the eggs two days ago, it was day 7 from her sitting and 14 from him sitting, only one was growing. I think he was so worried about sitting that he stopped breeding her. He keeps trying to take the egg away from her to sit on it himself. My drake duck keeps standing on top of the gander and trying to breed him... Its weird. I'm thinking I might just get her a new gander, one who wants to play the male roll. Lol

I've been thinking about removing him, I just candled the eggs two days ago, it was day 7 from her sitting and 14 from him sitting, only one was growing. I think he was so worried about sitting that he stopped breeding her. He keeps trying to take the egg away from her to sit on it himself. My drake duck keeps standing on top of the gander and trying to breed him... Its weird. I'm thinking I might just get her a new gander, one who wants to play the male roll. Lol
I'd wait till after breeding season if they are a bonded pair. But remove him and put hi m and drake somewhere and give your goose some peace.
Ok I just lost the last lockdown egg , it had internal pipped but no movement

my Sebbie has gone broody , can I transfer the remaining to her to hatch?
I'd try it , how many eggs left? especially since your not doing so well on hatching give her a chance. you've candled and it's dif alive right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom