GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

First goose egg of the season anyone else getting eggs yet ? Seems alittle early.

Miss Lydia I have embdens and Africans a few mix of the 2 and one Toulouse. They stopped laying in June this year and I'm already getting eggs I got 3 more today !!!

Miss Lydia I have embdens and Africans a few mix of the 2 and one Toulouse. They stopped laying in June this year and I'm already getting eggs I got 3 more today !!!
Well congratulations, I have only heard of Chinese laying in the fall of the year so you are blessed to be getting eggs this time of year. Enjoy!

First goose egg of the season anyone else getting eggs yet ? Seems alittle early.

My toulouse geese started laying 3 weeks ago. I am totally new to geese, so no idea if that's normal, I live in the pacific northwest so I can only guess that they started laying when the weather turned cold? Wish I knew, these geese were all rescues as adults, so I have no experience with eggs, last spring I let them keep their 20 or so eggs to see if any would hatch, saw them turn the eggs over each day, but no hatch, however they refused to sit on eggs inside their shelter since they were newly rescued, but this time they're laying inside the nesting areas, so hoping for hatches, but I am totally ignorant about geese. Any idea what triggers the laying cycle?

So I'm a complete newbie, as in I just got my first couple of geese a week ago. Kinda a spur of the moment thing. I adore them already. I have a pair of Buffs and a pair of Toulouse.
I live in Michigan, USA and am looking for information on ways to keep them not only healthy but insanely happy over the winter and optimize their breeding season.

Ideas on where to find the info?

I have a 10x15 insulated stall that will be divided between the 2 pairs, heat lamps and a pool they can swim in as well as buckets to have fresh water at all times in.
Any other suggestions?
I'll be lurking and learning as much as I can

Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom