Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Most likely Embden, i dont actually know as this was passed on from my cousin when he got it from a friend. As far as i know the adults are white. The egg is white. The bill looks orange. Can you suggest any links for how to raise goslings? What their requirments are? I had planned on putting with my 3 week old quail who are still on heat. I know mixing birds is nt recommended however better to have heat,space and companions.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings I wouldn't put with your quail that are 3 weeks they may hurt the newly hatched gosling. Give it a stuffed animal and a non breakable, is there a possibility of getting it an gosling friend?doesn't have to be same breed. I have Embden, Toulouse and Buff.

Its getting tense at 18hrs not alot of progress, hole is slightly bigger. Its hard not to assist is everone sure waiting until 72hrs is the way? Looks like a sore on the bill too, a few more peeps now
I know this is nerve wracking but honestly if you see it working on the shell I am not sure you should mess with it, one thing when you take it out of the bator humidity drops and the membrane can dry out, lets see if we can get some help before you start anything.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings  I wouldn't put with your quail that are 3 weeks they may hurt the newly hatched gosling. Give it a stuffed animal and a non breakable, is there a possibility of getting it an gosling friend?doesn't have to be same breed. I have Embden, Toulouse and Buff.
Perfect thats exactly what i needed. I will trial the quail with gosling so i havnt got two brooders on the go, although i could withdraw the heat from quail now most likely if necessary.

What about the sore on the goslings bill? Its just working on that same hole... getting its bill out and scraping on the shell.

I very much appreciate the support.

Perfect thats exactly what i needed. I will trial the quail with gosling so i havnt got two brooders on the go, although i could withdraw the heat from quail now most likely if necessary.

What about the sore on the goslings bill? Its just working on that same hole... getting its bill out and scraping on the shell.

I very much appreciate the support.
Those shell hard hard as rock, I just about have to have a hammer to open them. Is it's bill bleeding I mean if you think you want to peel back some shell then by all means it's your egg. I was hoping someone would be here to give better support than I can give. If you have assisted quail then you know to stop helping if you see blood or veins right? put it back into the bator and wait. You can also wrap the egg in moistened paper towel don't cover the hole to help with humidity.

Those shell hard hard as rock, I just about have to have a hammer to open them. Is it's bill bleeding I mean if you think you want to peel back some shell then by all means it's your egg. I was hoping someone would be here to give better support than I can give. If you have assisted quail then you know to stop helping if you see blood or veins right? put it back into the bator and wait. You can also wrap the egg in moistened paper towel don't cover the hole to help with humidity.
Yes ive assisted a good few, strange im comfortable assisting tiny eggs but this big egg... i guess because theres only one i dont want to have it die at this stage, but i have held off on quails eggs when theyve only pipped a hole and lost them. I wonder if i helped this egg in a humid enviroment such as my steam shower... Brinsea should have put a hatch on the advance range.

Yes ive assisted a good few, strange im comfortable assisting tiny eggs but this big egg... i guess because theres only one i dont want to have it die at this stage, but i have held off on quails eggs when theyve only pipped a hole and lost them. I wonder if i helped this egg in a humid enviroment such as my steam shower... Brinsea should have put a hatch on the advance range.
That may work but go slow and don't get the gosling all the way out if you can just enough to where it can finish on it's own. I did this with a Muscovy duck egg under a duck got her to where she could finish and she did. leave bottom part on the gosling totally. Maybe try just getting enough shell off to where her head is out first.

I assisted... im not proud, no blood, no yolk sack in sight, may have made the right decision. Haha
The membrane was stuck to wing and eye. Probs due to low humidity and opening the incubator to float test on day 29 during lockdown. Its pushed out after i assisted, making lots of peeping. Im hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom