Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Im in a built up area never seen any predetors in the two years ive had hens here, now im fenced in, lights, camera, and gun at the ready. Id be quit happy to have them free, the water would be the only way into the coop making night attack nore difficult. A railway sleeper is a large piece of timber, 9inch by 4 inch by 5ft i have a few spare.
We call them rail way ties. Now I get ya. lol you know your area and what you want to do to keep them safe. Keep us updated. Seen any life in the egg yet?

We call them rail way ties. Now I  get ya. lol   you know your area and what you want to do to keep them safe. Keep us updated. Seen any life in the egg yet?
I cant open the incubator.as the quail eggs are on lockdown. Ive got goose egg in, hen eggs in a few days later then.quail eggs 2 days after that. This next hatch should be more organised as in eggs hatching at a similar time. I hav to picture of a gosling kangaroo though, in a dressing gown pocket or pouch haha

I cant open the incubator.as the quail eggs are on lockdown. Ive got goose egg in, hen eggs in a few days later then.quail eggs 2 days after that. This next hatch should be more organised as in eggs hatching at a similar time. I hav to picture of a gosling kangaroo though, in a dressing gown pocket or pouch haha
That is just the sweetest pic. Don't you just love him. Did you give him a name yet?

Adorable! Such a cute pic.

Wow, you did an amazing amount of work on this post!!  I feel ready for goose eggs now! 

Here's a question, would a chicken be able to incubate a goose egg?

Absolutely! Our 1 year old buff orpington went broody and we gave her 4 Toulouse mix eggs. 1 was lost to infertility and another died early, but, given a proper broody place, they absolutely can accomplish a hatch.

Thank you so much for this guide. My first hatch of Muscovy ducks and mom kicked out one of the eggs and pecked it open just as it started to make noise. This helped me know what to do, not to panic. I don't have an incubator so made it harder. The first pecked on egg just hatched. The next got stepped on and crushed but it is still cheaping so will do the same for him and will resist pulling off the shell and membrane, this at least wasnt lying in the cold mud like the other. Mom did hatch out one this morning so hoping no more incidents. I think she thought the egg was what had been stealing her eggs. We have a huge snake that we have not found all the places he slithers in yet. the last egg he got was rotten so hoping it gave him indigestion.
Thanks so much for the info, has helped immensely.
Hollie.

Back
Top Bottom