Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Has anyone on here had success hatching eggs with damaged air sacs? They are resting now, before going in incubator. I plan to keep the eggs upright (large end up) during incubation for a week at least, maybe longer. Any suggestions on amount of time to wait before turning eggs? They'll just be tilted side to side.

Has anyone on here had success hatching eggs with damaged air sacs?  They are resting now, before going in incubator.  I plan to keep the eggs upright (large end up) during incubation for a week at least, maybe longer.  Any suggestions on amount of time to wait before turning eggs?  They'll just be tilted side to side.

How are the air cells damaged?

The membrane around the air cell has pulled away, and the cells move.  One cell was moved completely to the side of the egg.

Are they completely detached or just saddled? It sounds like one might have moved entirely to the side and be stuck there?

I've hatched eggs with saddled or moved air cells, but detached air cells don't usually end up hatching. I've done it a few times before but usually they quit before reaching hatch. For those, you need to leave them upright until such a time that the allantoic membrane has developed enough to pin the air cells back into place. If they can make it that long, they can hatch.

If they're saddled, incubate them normally. For the one that's got the air cell stuck to the side, it might be best to incubate that one standing up to try to encourage the air cell to grow up towards the top of the egg. When lockdown comes, set it on its side with the air cell up so that the gosling positions itself properly to be able to pip into into it.

I have three eggs that have started hatching. I have one where ive heard peeping for two days. I decided to make an external pip since i thought it had to be intetnally pipped. I looked in with the candler and piped hole i dont see the beak i can hear it ad see the movement still behind the membrane. I put a little bit of wet paper towel to seal the pip hole and put a little tape over it and set it back in my forced air. I have my still air ready with the humidty but i dont want to set it in there in case it drowns. Do i just wait it is my largest egg and it could take longer than three days sometimes right.

I have three eggs that have started hatching. I have one where ive heard peeping for two days. I decided to make an external pip since i thought it had to be intetnally pipped. I looked in with the candler and piped hole i dont see the beak i can hear it ad see the movement still behind the membrane. I put a little bit of wet paper towel to seal the pip hole and put a little tape over it and set it back in my forced air. I have my still air ready with the humidty but i dont want to set it in there in case it drowns. Do i just wait it is my largest egg and it could take longer than three days sometimes right.
@Iain Utah

@psue

Well the little gosling has finally internally and extetnally pipped just taking its sweet time. Im trying to put pics with my post it acts like its going too then they dont show up. I looked at the faq page but its mostly for desk top im on my phone and its let me do pics before but now it wont. Might be the wrong place to ask its just frustrating

Back
Top Bottom