Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

One egg has to pip either tonight or tomorrow !
Cant wait till it hatches and then ill have 3! Even tho he wont be with the other 2 until its a week old because Chip and 8 grew a lot this weekXD
Oh and i know that chips a boy and 8s a boy :)

You can almost see them growing can't you?

I'm about to set 4 more toulouse eggs. Just making sure the temp is stable. I like my incubator but I don't trust the thermometer.

How do you know the sexes? I hope its more reliable than my method? "It just looks like a girl!" :lol:

5 days into incubation. I might try to see if i have any spiders yet. Im excited, they arent due until April 30th, still excited anyway lol
I have that problem... I want to see something growing the next day... so far I've not candled before day 4
hide.gif

Today i found 3 broodies. Mildred, Stormy and Rain. I dont know what im going to do with these silly girls. Been fighting Stormy for a week now im fighting 3 lol
th.gif

Out of a lot of eggs i could only get one egg to hatch, which it did on today on day 34!
It did not loose enough weight in the egg, which i think delayed hatching.
One of its eyes looks like the inner lid has become dried. We have genly dropped some warm water on it to try to help. Any one else had this problem? This little chap is not out of the woods yet but making quite a lot of noise for one so small!

Last edited:
You can almost see them growing can't you?

I'm about to set 4 more toulouse eggs. Just making sure the temp is stable. I like my incubator but I don't trust the thermometer.

How do you know the sexes? I hope its more reliable than my method? "It just looks like a girl!"
lol.png
Well, as serv has difficulty knowing boys from girls (
wink.png
) it would seem just thinking it looks like a girl is fine!
big_smile.png
Most of my hunches are right, and the hunches become firmer as time goes by. So, either vent-sexing, or quto-sexing, or hunches is the way to go!
lol.png

Last edited:
Ok from my 6 african buff eggs i have 3 fertile ! But today i tossed in the last african buff egg :( she only 7 eggs this year because shes setting on eggs that arent even hers but im letting her because she deserves it :)

Out of a lot of eggs i could only get one egg to hatch, which it did on today on day 34!
It did not loose enough weight in the egg, which i think delayed hatching.
One of its eyes looks like the inner lid has become dried. We have genly dropped some warm water on it to try to help. Any one else had this problem? This little chap is not out of the woods yet but making quite a lot of noise for one so small!
Not had this problem before with mine, but CONGRATS! Keep the eye moist, and maybe put just the tiniest amount of cider vinegar in some warm water, not enough to sting or anything. It´s a natural disinfectant, just in case you didn´t already know, and may help a bit. And baby needs a mirror as a friend. Will you put it out with its parents once it´s strong? Noise is always great to hear.

Back
Top Bottom