Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

My lil bufff African (Desert eagle or buffalo bill)

And my lil brown Dewelped African :)

So, I was worried about my new ducks being stressed from the 2 hour drive, and all thenew things here at my house like the geese giving them a hard time. I was not expecting eggs for a few days. Well not 1 but 2 ducks delivered today, Daisy duck and Ebony both laid this morning.

I am currently feeding flock raiser and am picking up a bag of oyster shell for the ducks. Is this a good enough diet or should I get them non-medicated laying pellets?

Last edited:
So, I was worried about my new ducks being stressed from the 2 hour drive, and all thenew things here at my house like the geese giving them a hard time. I was not expecting eggs for a few days. Well not 1 but 2 ducks delivered today, Daisy duck and Ebony both laid this morning.

I am currently feeding flock raiser and am picking up a bag of oyster shell for the ducks. Is this a good enough diet or should I get them non-medicated laying pellets?

that'll be fine with you letting them have yard time

Ddoing alot better!! any ideas of sex or breed? she told me the eggs were embden or buff or a mix
my guess.. not pure Embden other then that I dont know

I have 2 babies that hatched out in the last 1/2 hour!!!

that'll be fine with you letting them have yard time

Thank you, the lady I got them from said she didn't think they were old enough to lay yet. The drake just got his drake feather in last week. So I wasn't fully prepared for laying ducks and am now scrambling to make sure they get the nutrition they need.

Btw, after the 2 ducks laid, the large female mounted and "mated" the smaller female. Since they had both just laid eggs I know they are girls. Is this behavior normal?

Back
Top Bottom