Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

She hasnt foaled yet and its running me to death!! Checkin on her all the time makin sure shes ok and not in labor lol
Im a little slower now, if all goes well and depending how far a long i should hatch in november or december myself
wink.png
Oh my gosh I just am seeing this, 8 Congratulations... so exciting and hubs can turn you in your sleep 3 times a night.
wink.png
until you get to big to turn completely then it's left to right.

Long incubation indeed! Atleast i dont have to be turned 3 times a day lol i just hope this one sticks i didnt quite make it last time.
Aww, SO sorry to hear that!

And I apologize if this is crossing a line, but my curiosity often gets the better of me. I'm wondering if perhaps raising geese - and hatching their eggs out and watching them develop and grow - helped you to overcome that previous loss? Not in the way of distracting you, but more perhaps an understanding that sometimes things just happen that we can't control?

If I crossed a line, please ignore the question. I'm just wondering, that's all.

Thanks everyone!!! It has been a stressful 32 days or so.... My Grandsons have named them...The boy is Rio... And one of the girls is Annie.... Wrong way is a girl (by darkness standards) and I haven't thought of anything as of yet to name her......

I didn't think we would get this attached this quick.... They are the cutest creatures!
love.gif

She hasnt foaled yet and its running me to death!! Checkin on her all the time makin sure shes ok and not in labor lol
Im a little slower now, if all goes well and depending how far a long i should hatch in november or december myself
wink.png

How exciting!! Congrats!!!!

Thank you all!! For all the kind comments!!

Chickdancer you didnt cross a line. I was lucky enough to be born into a family of farmers ive been around animals all my life and have had that understanding for quite sometime. Even with that, when i lose anything, chick, gosling, foals, calves it still hurts bad. This may sound heartless but when i lost mine it hurt me but not like i thought it should i guess because i knew what caused it, i had answers. I also didnt have time to let it sink in with all the sickness in the family. On top of that a week later, and i still havent figured this out completely, my neighbor brings me 3 day old orphaned twin boer goats, two baby bottles and a bag of milk said him and his family couldnt raise them. They have the facility in case something like that happends, also never found out exactly which mother died and i knew their goats like they were my own. I think they were tryin to help take my mind off it. It worked too.

This may sound heartless but when i lost mine it hurt me but not like i thought it should i guess because i knew what caused it, i had answers.
Doesn't sound heartless at all, to me. I've had a knee problem for quite a while that devastated me because I couldn't do what I loved anymore - which is dance (thus the explanation to my username). And it has really hurt BECAUSE I don't have answers. I don't know what's wrong. They said it showed signs of "degenerative arthritis" which was back in my late 20's. I believe I was too young to have arthritis THAT bad (my knee had actually gone out MANY times before they even gave that diagnosis). Even worse, the FIRST diagnosis said "nothing wrong" after they did mere X-rays, and tried to send me to physical therapy. I was angry because they sent me to physical therapy after saying "nothing wrong" with the possibility that I could cause more damage without them knowing what the issue actually was.

So I can completely understand that, even if it's not on the same level. Answers REALLY DO ease your mind a lot more than knowing something is wrong, and not knowing what or why!

Back
Top Bottom