Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

All mine fly, adults too.  At first they end up anywhere, but they soon learn to pull up before the trees, etc!  Haha!  I sometimes get thumped by their wings when they´re landing near me.  It can hurt, too!  But I just love to see them.

Same here mine can fly very well (only the ones with greylag boodlines) ive about 7 that can fly and its a amazing sighting to see white geese (also brown) fly and knowning that they will land at your house ! I only have 7 adults that can fly but this year family 2 and 3 had babies with greylag blood from both parents so maybe this year i will have 12 extra fliers :) maybe more from my other families :) oh and they have tuffs like their mama and mama flys very well(she looks like a greylag but has a tuff and a darker orange beak

They usually only fly if in danger and i know that there would be something wrong if i see all the fliers fly and land in my field and the rest of my flock is miles of fields away in danger! So flying geese are handy and very popular too (espically white geese as i mentioned before)

Sheesh! I was not expecting that. I thought toulouse were too heavy? But I guess Moose being a production type is lighter. There are a couple of thousand pink footed geese that winter on the loch at the back of the house. They arrive mid September. I don't think I want them mingling with wild geese.

Sheesh! I was not expecting that. I thought toulouse were too heavy? But I guess Moose being a production type is lighter. There are a couple of thousand pink footed geese that winter on the loch at the back of the house. They arrive mid September. I don't think I want them mingling with wild geese.
My Toulouse could fly at 5 months old, I had to clip one of her wings to keep her grounded.

Back
Top Bottom