Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Yes, Miss Lydia it is normal. Gosling is just stretching out. Super relaxed!
lau.gif

Finally a couple days ago I put the last two goslings outside in a pen. They are with three other older goslings and an adult. My Gloria. She is such a laid back goose.

It is going to storm tonight and the babies will have their first storm outside this evening...

Now to get my bathroom all cleaned up because they threw everything all over the walls, floor, cabinets, toilet ever where! What a mess they make when they get older in the house...

Lol and im thinking about getting some sebolsoki geese next year which hatchery should i buy from i jsut want a breeding pair so which is best cackle hatchery murraymcmurray efowl or others and also I have my pair of chinese geese and if i got a sebolsoki breeding pair would the 2 males fight or not and also i want the sebolsokis as peeps thx

Lol and im thinking about getting some sebolsoki geese next year which hatchery should i buy from i jsut want a breeding pair so which is best cackle hatchery murraymcmurray efowl or others and also I have my pair of chinese geese and if i got a sebolsoki breeding pair would the 2 males fight or not and also i want the sebolsokis as peeps thx

Are you meaning sebastopols? If so I would recommend Metzer Farms. They specialize in waterfowl and they're going to be the best quality ones you can get hatchery-wise :) You might also ask over on the Buy Sell Trade forum. Some people here ship goslings I believe.

Last edited:
I need advice on a few different issues this morning. Yesterday 2 of my geese suffered injury. They were grazing along the fence line between my property and my neighbors. He let his pit bill out and the dog ran straight at the fence, crashing into it, causing my geese, ducks, and chickens to panic.(the dog chases his own chickens, he never bites them, he seems to like making them squawk and stuff. I don't approve but nothing I can do as the dog never comes on my property). The chickens and ducks are fine, not injures. But my goose Jasmine suffered a scratch on her bill, just below her developing knob, and Noel, my younger gander, has 2 cuts on the top of his left foot. I cleaned both geese and coated the injures with Blu Kote to prevent the rest of the flock pecking as both have flaps of skin partially hanging off their respective injures. Should I remove the flaps of skin? Besides keeping the injures clean, what else can I do for them? The poor babies were so shaken that Jasmine would not leave my lap. Even Snow pressed his body up against me while I was checking for injures and providing comfort. I ended up having to carry Jasmine with me for a bit, poor girl was shaking and so frightened that she preferred being carried to being left behind. This morning they all seem fine, though none will go near that fence line today, I can't blame them.

My other issue is that Snow is trying to breed my female ducks. And worse yet, one of the ducks, Ivory, is inviting his attentions! I had to intervene because Snow kept her down for an awfully long time and she started to struggle. Snow would not get off her, even when I gently pushed him, so I did have to pick him up to separate them. After a few minutes, that crazy duck got back in the pool with him and invited him back up! Snow has been really good with the ducks, starting to share his pool with the ducklings, ducks, and other geese now. But with Ivory feeling her urges (I believe she is getting ready to start laying, all her sister ducks are laying now) I am worried that Snow could injure the female ducks trying to mate with them. My Cayuga ducklings are A month and a half old. My baby drake is not going to be ready to service the ducks any time soon. Snow is also feeling his urges to mate, his favorite female is Jasmine, but he will got for the ducks now as well. This wasn't a problem till recently, usually the ducks refused to share pools with the geese. 7 of the geese still bite the ducks to drive them from the pool, but Snow hasn't done that for over a month, however, he is usually with a couple of the other geese and so no problem. So i have a female duck and a gander both getting very hormonal. Any advice?

This is crazy Ivory getting back into the pool with Snow After I rescued her!

Snow was sharing his pool peacefully with 2 of the Cayuga ducklings when miss Ebony got in. He then tried to mount Ebony, but she was too fast and swam circles around him. She got out when he nearly caught her.

Last edited:
A y boy chases my female around but can't mount and my roosters are annoying they are white leghorns and they both chase the female around and mount on them and its jsut weird lol but i dont think there's anything we can do but let them do there own thing but if they are hurting them i would separate

Back
Top Bottom