Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

She´s beautiful Ruru.
Thank you livin. She is a big spoiled rotten girl!!! I spoil the geese too. They come running when I have anything for them to eat. Other than that they just as soon be grazing the yard and pastures.. All my critter's are spoiled rotten. That is the fun of having them. But still wish my goslings would like to sit on my lap as they did when in my bathroom for all those weeks. Guess they had enough of my love and went some where else to get it like the adults!

When I sit down with grapes my geese are my best friends! Then when it is gone so are they. Brats!

In my experience, most of the rescued adults I have trust me more after seeing how their babies or mates trust me. I expect the babies will help Missy bond with you more.

As for Missy trying to sit on nests, that is pretty normal behavior, but she should give up that silliness once she goes into full molt.
I found that out when I bought my pilgrim-types that had been living totally free-range on a farm. When I got them home they were so nervous, but then when they had their first goslings they became better, and now they´ve become very trusting and are almost as tame as their 'goslings' now.
Also, seems to be an individual thing. Of my youngsters, from the same family, I have one goose that´s very easily startled, then a lot somewhere in the middle range that come up close and nibble my clothes, etc, and another that follows me everywhere, and she also flies up to our yard for a visit, then goes off back down to the stream again. so funny. Such a difference in character.

Thank you livin. She is a big spoiled rotten girl!!! I spoil the geese too. They come running when I have anything for them to eat. Other than that they just as soon be grazing the yard and pastures.. All my critter's are spoiled rotten. That is the fun of having them. But still wish my goslings would like to sit on my lap as they did when in my bathroom for all those weeks. Guess they had enough of my love and went some where else to get it like the adults!

When I sit down with grapes my geese are my best friends! Then when it is gone so are they. Brats!
Oh, yes. Well that seems to be in the nature of the goose. after all, when the babies are tiny they need to snuggle, but then as they grow older, they don´t even snuggle with the mum goose. They all have their little personal space!
big_smile.png
Like us, I guesss!
wink.png
Mine don´t climb on my lap, but they do come up to see what I´m doing and pick at my clothes and have a chat, then they´re off to the stream again! It´s all cupboard love, really. Haha

I guess I just want more love shown to me because I put so much in them. They remember me but in the evening go away from me not wanting to be put up! Not knowing I am doing it for their own good so NO predators can gets my special babies.
I miss the cooing coming from my bathroom from the goslings. Oh, well I can have more next year. Just hope I am still here.
wink.png

Oh, yes. Well that seems to be in the nature of the goose. after all, when the babies are tiny they need to snuggle, but then as they grow older, they don´t even snuggle with the mum goose. They all have their little personal space!
big_smile.png
Like us, I guesss!
wink.png
Mine don´t climb on my lap, but they do come up to see what I´m doing and pick at my clothes and have a chat, then they´re off to the stream again! It´s all cupboard love, really. Haha
Goodness, I could have been about our kids!!!
lol.png

I guess I just want more love shown to me because I put so much in them. They remember me but in the evening go away from me not wanting to be put up! Not knowing I am doing it for their own good so NO predators can gets my special babies.
I miss the cooing coming from my bathroom from the goslings. Oh, well I can have more next year. Just hope I am still here.
wink.png
Your love for your goslings and the joy you get from them will make you be still here! They need you...you´ll be here!

Ok one of my Africans is getting angel wing which is annoying but now im starting it is gentical! This father (Brown African) has no angel wing but all the babies he created last year 3 out out of 9 got angel wing! And this year my buffs and my brown Africans and 2 other crossbreeds have the same diet and the only two that have angel wing are from the gander that also produced angel winged goslings last year
hmm.png

But this is my top and biggest brown African breeder annd now i know he has gentic related angelwing in him -_-
That sucks
hmm.png
That´s a shame, serv. Just out of interest, what do you feed them? Are they purely free-ranging? And what about your friend that lost so many goslings last year? What´s happened this year for him/her?

Back
Top Bottom