Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Thanks!! We are very pleased with our hatchlings. Our dewlap girl finally gave up on her nest, so we are officially done hatching goslings year, but there's a chance we may get a few more ducklings as we have two ducks that are determined to hatch more babies. The buff gosling was a big surprise for us, as were the white hinny ducks. But they are quite darling, so we are keeping them.

Next year, we will be on a mission to hatch a few white African goslings!

Miss lyd the buff is a female for sure and toulouse looks to be a male
smile.png
Thanks serv!

Thanks!! We are very pleased with our hatchlings. Our dewlap girl finally gave up on her nest, so we are officially done hatching goslings year, but there's a chance we may get a few more ducklings as we have two ducks that are determined to hatch more babies. The buff gosling was a big surprise for us, as were the white hinny ducks. But they are quite darling, so we are keeping them.

Those white hinny's are beautiful

My americauna died yesterday it was my brothers and he was sooo upset we put 4 of the 5 Roos in a cage and fattening them up for butchering. It was 2 white leghorns and 2 black Plymouth rocks hey over mated with her so we are getting rid of the ones that we don't really want i wanted to keep my slw roo but my other Roos are younger and are pure bred and we wanted those pure breeds for having pure bred babies to sell or for show

Well that´ll be something for us all to look forward to...little white africans!
thumbsup.gif
I hope your goose has no problems next season.... how can that be avoided? Or is it just one of those things?

Thanks!!  We are very pleased with our hatchlings.  Our dewlap girl finally gave up on her nest, so we are officially done hatching goslings year, but there's a chance we may get a few more ducklings as we have two ducks that are determined to hatch more babies.  The buff gosling was a big surprise for us, as were the white hinny ducks.  But they are quite darling, so we are keeping them.

Yay! More white Africans!

When does laying season start for you?

My addiction to geese has once again caught the attention of others. Two days ago A girl from down the road a few miles brought an almost fully feathered gosling that she had gotten at Easter, she thought it had been stepped on by a goat and wanted me to fix it. After examining it and observing its actions it hadnt been stepped on it was Niacin deficient. I loaded her up with Niacin tablets and information on how to give it to both of her goslings.
The sick gosling has made a full recovery and she was so grateful that she has promised me some eggs from them, if she has a pair of course. They are beautiful gray and white saddlebacks similar to some of Brazil's geese.
Of course now im having ideas of having some "purebreds" from them if they are a pair and also maybe some crossed with my Tufteds, i think some Tufted saddlebacks would be gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom