Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

I talked to the farmer again this week and she swears that Forest was hatched from her pilgrims but didnt reply when i asked about gender. So maybe Forest's beak is that color do to her bad genetics. I guess only time will tell. Oh ! her eyes are starting to turn blue. lol so much for an auto sexing pilgrim =)
Well, it doesn´t sound like a Pilgrim, really. Only the male has blue eyes, as you already know. But sounds very beautiful. I have some young males here that are grey with blue eyes.. they´re Pilgrim crosses, a pilgrim male crossed with a blue-eyed pied goose.
Does she have only Pilgrims on the farm, or does she have other breeds? I can´t remember if you´ve already said, sorry. It could be that the pilgrim goose took a shine to another gander that´s not pilgrim, or that the pilgrims that the farmer has aren´t pure. Either way, yours is very pretty. :)

I talked to the farmer again this week and she swears that Forest was hatched from her pilgrims but didnt reply when i asked about gender. So maybe Forest's beak is that color do to her bad genetics. I guess only time will tell. Oh ! her eyes are starting to turn blue. lol so much for an auto sexing pilgrim =)
I love that pic, such a pretty gosling.

Andrea, are you near Deland? There is a vet there, her name is Erin Holder. We've taken our parrots and one of our roosters to her. She might be able to help the little one.

Hi chickenflicker.
frow.gif
Good to see you posting. Hope you and your critters are doing well.

Hi Lain, I'am never far away, just taking everything in and learning what I can. Critters are doing pretty good, this Florida heat is getting to some of them but I try to keep them as comfortable as I can.

Andrea, are you near Deland? There is a vet there, her name is Erin Holder. We've taken our parrots and one of our roosters to her. She might be able to help the little one.
Sorry about just getting back to this.I have messed with the settings on this forum and messed it up so I dont receive notifications. Florida Wild is Forest's vet. She saw Dr. Mason. I thought she was great, and will continue to see her. It is always nice to have more than one opinion with a medical issue. What kind of chicken do you have?

Any way yet to tell the sex?

My babies left yesterday, to their new family, and while it bittersweet, I am happy for them.

I would still love to know.

Well, it doesn´t sound like a Pilgrim, really. Only the male has blue eyes, as you already know. But sounds very beautiful. I have some young males here that are grey with blue eyes.. they´re Pilgrim crosses, a pilgrim male crossed with a blue-eyed pied goose.
Does she have only Pilgrims on the farm, or does she have other breeds? I can´t remember if you´ve already said, sorry. It could be that the pilgrim goose took a shine to another gander that´s not pilgrim, or that the pilgrims that the farmer has aren´t pure. Either way, yours is very pretty. :)
All she breeds is pilgrims, but if they are mixed breed or how long she has had them, I have no clue.

All she breeds is pilgrims, but if they are mixed breed or how long she has had them, I have no clue.
Well, never mind. If they´re Pilgrims, then yours should be a female. I´ve heard of (and have had) a white pil female, which happens rarely, but does happen, but I´ve not heard of a grey male. That wouldn´t make sense. No matter, s/he´s lovely. Any joy with getting him/er a friend?

Back
Top Bottom