Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

He doesn't seem to be making much progress, he's still in the same position as the previous pic. Feet to the floor.. Come on little dued

What Kind of flooring do you have?

It seems as you´re writing it, I´m doing it!
wink.png
So, did that...eased head out and in no time out he came. But, with slightly swollen belly, and a bit of bleeding, as the veins hadn´t completely dried, so I tied the umbilical and sprayed it, and he´s now drying off under the lamp. Can´t send pics now as the weather´s got heavy and the internet can´t cope too well. Just hope the power keeps going! I need that lamp! He´s a noisy little thing, too.
big_smile.png
Thanks for your help, I´ll try and send a pic tomorrow if the weather improves.
p.s., just to answer your question, flooring is towel.

Last edited:
It seems as you´re writing it, I´m doing it!
wink.png
So, did that...eased head out and in no time out he came. But, with slightly swollen belly, and a bit of bleeding, as the veins hadn´t completely dried, so I tied the umbilical and sprayed it, and he´s now drying off under the lamp. Can´t send pics now as the weather´s got heavy and the internet can´t cope too well. Just hope the power keeps going! I need that lamp! He´s a noisy little thing, too.
big_smile.png
Thanks for your help, I´ll try and send a pic tomorrow if the weather improves.
p.s., just to answer your question, flooring is towel.
Congrats!! look forward to seeing the little one up and about.
thumbsup.gif

Ok, the internet´s better, so here are some up-to-date pics....

This is the most recent gosling´s mum and its older sibling waiting for a friend....maybe tomorrow.....

These are the 6 x month-olds that do well, having their mom and two dads that have adopted them.

Here is the dear little yearling goose that I´m very pleased with. These are the two goslings that hatched indoors like the one I have now, that she adopted, and...

here they are in their pools with the other three, the larger one is another adopted one, also one of the tiny ones is adopted, and the tiniest one is hers. They´re already a little family. Funny, as the older two are somewhat imprinted on me, so they come running when they see me, and that brings the other three along, and mum too.

And these are 2 x three-week-olds with mom. I´ve put them back into a pen with their mom as she´s a bit shy and was taking the goslings away from the feed frenzy, so just to make sure they get enough to eat, they´re back in their pen for another week.

And here are my Pilgrim family with the 4 x month-olds in the stream.....

and again having a drink of their water with niacin...looks like I´ve been spotted!

Yehhhhhh I would definity give him a drop or two of vitiamin b complete or poutry drench if u have some, polivisol without iron works best for chickens but if that's all you have on hand give him two drops they do not like it.

Woopo hoooop good deal you go little guy!!

Back
Top Bottom