Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Just wanted to share a few pics of my 2 they will be 4 months old on the Sept 30th. Babe from back view

Toots

Missy farther est

Babe and Toots

Toots
They´re gorgeous MLyd! Aren´t they chunky! Makes Missy look so small!
Babe´s lovely, of course, but Toots is gorgeous!
He may have an infection some antibotics would be good and if the vent hasn't closed up yet get it cleaned and my favorite stuff is blue cote.
Vent was good soon after.. I sprayed it with some stuff here that´s like Blue cote, but better, works so well, no infection there. I´m sure there was a problem with the lungs. He just went to sleep, didn´t wake again. Just one of those that we try to help, but in the natural way of things would not have survived anyway.
Thanks for all your interest and help., though, everyone. who knows, another time all this info may work out well for someone.......
smile.png

Lydia , they are looking very good! Babe and Missy are pils and Toots is a buff? One day I will remember. Or maybe Babe and Missy are toulouse? Someone mentions that they are big. I cant really tell. I did notice their ?lobes? the bumps between the legs. my two dont have them yet....thanks for sharing they are super pretty

Does seem to have some problem with one leg, it´s weak, wants to turn inwards. Baby pushes itself around with the other leg. I wonder if the goose hurt it when she crushed the egg, but on the other hand, I´ve seen geese walk all over their babies and the babies bounce right back up again! If it continues to survives, it´ll be a special one, that´s for sure. It´s the clicking that I´m mainly concerned about right now. I hope it´s not a sign of lung problems.
In the goose hatching thread by Pete, he mentions the clicking in the egg while hatching, and puts it down to the baby´s trying to breathe with its head all twisted around, but that´s not the case any more....
Can you give him antibiotics? Forest's air sacs sound/feel like crinkling paper when she breaths. its more that I feel it when i am holding her though vet said it was air sacs. do you have a dose for antibiotics?

Can you give him antibiotics? Forest's air sacs sound/feel like crinkling paper when she breaths. its more that I feel it when i am holding her though vet said it was air sacs. do you have a dose for antibiotics?
Thanks Andrea, but I don´t think he had an infection as such, as he just never never stopped making that noise (scratchy noise they make once internally pipped) from inside the egg until he died.
I´ve just moved his solitary sibling, 4 days old, in with the young Pil with her mixed band of gozzies as he was getting rather ignored by his momma (wants to stay in the nest). His momma will get fed up eventually and lay a few more eggs, no doubt. I think I´ll let her next eggs hatch out indoors then give her a couple of babies to look after once they´re up and about..

He just went to sleep, didn´t wake again. Just one of those that we try to help, but in the natural way of things would not have survived anyway.
Thanks for all your interest and help., though, everyone. who knows, another time all this info may work out well for someone.......
smile.png
My heart is broken and I have tears in my eyes but I know he had the best care available and, you are right, in the natural course of events, he would not have survived anyway. I have lost 2 day old chicks, one adult rooster and an adult hen plus 3 young ducks (thank God none of my geese) and even though we only have them for a short time they have a way of drawing us in and making the loss even more. But, to just go to sleep and have it over is the best way.

You still are a miracle worker in my book. To have seen that there was even a glimmer of hope that he may survive and to make the effort to help him is so much more than many would have done.

Thanks Andrea, but I don´t think he had an infection as such, as he just never never stopped making that noise (scratchy noise they make once internally pipped) from inside the egg until he died.
I´ve just moved his solitary sibling, 4 days old, in with the young Pil with her mixed band of gozzies as he was getting rather ignored by his momma (wants to stay in the nest). His momma will get fed up eventually and lay a few more eggs, no doubt. I think I´ll let her next eggs hatch out indoors then give her a couple of babies to look after once they´re up and about..
Awww. how sad. know that you did everything and beyond to help the little guy. You have had so many great hatches, this one just wasnt ready to hatch like my little guy that didnt make it.

@Miss Lydia , I forgot all about a lobe on Forest! i wonder how she will sit in her hammock with a lobe. what does it feel like? is it cartilage, bone or tissue that forms a lobe? I ask because i definitely feel her sternum when i pick her up, but nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom