Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Wish I was there to see that. I can read their minds. Sort of OMG someone erased all the color!!!
So far we have about 4" on everything but the ground, since its not frozen it will take away for it to lay on it.

I took a short video of the geese when they came outside first thing will upload it. course it would have been beter if the ground had been covered but you can tell they are trying to figure out what that white stuff is.

And that's just how it looks someone erased all the color lol
It is beautiful even if it is not sticking yet. Our temps dipped to 35 before the sun started coming up. Doesn't seem to bother anyone. I did add some cracked corn to everyones breakfast and they seem to appreciate that.

On a non-goose issue. Remember my 3 adult female ducks. They stopped laying for a day when one of the drakes acted up. then between the three of them there were 5 eggs in one day. Well then everything went back to normal. One egg each until this a.m. A perfectly formed nest in the corner of the coop with 4 eggs in it. They must be hiding them someplace that I can't find. I am picking them up because I don't want to worry about ducklings in the winter plus the Khakis are not sitters and the Swedish does not indicate that she is interested. Thought it was interesting though...4 eggs three females. Maybe one of the drakes is laying eggs?

It is beautiful even if it is not sticking yet. Our temps dipped to 35 before the sun started coming up. Doesn't seem to bother anyone. I did add some cracked corn to everyones breakfast and they seem to appreciate that.

On a non-goose issue. Remember my 3 adult female ducks. They stopped laying for a day when one of the drakes acted up. then between the three of them there were 5 eggs in one day. Well then everything went back to normal. One egg each until this a.m. A perfectly formed nest in the corner of the coop with 4 eggs in it. They must be hiding them someplace that I can't find. I am picking them up because I don't want to worry about ducklings in the winter plus the Khakis are not sitters and the Swedish does not indicate that she is interested. Thought it was interesting though...4 eggs three females. Maybe one of the drakes is laying eggs?
Just think of the money you could make if one of the drakes was laying. lol Listen they are experts at hiding and moving them from one place to another, check their pockets..

Not very exciting but here it is.

Last edited:
Just think of the money you could make if one of the drakes was laying. lol Listen they are experts at hiding and moving them from one place to another, check their pockets..

Not very exciting but here it is.
How cute...even sharing a few snow flakes together. Your Embden (?) is stunning. What a beautiful goose.

It is warming up here thank goodness. We have had to put the Blue Swedish drake back in prison. His behavior may be connected to the nest with the eggs??? May be protecting his position but if his behavior continues we will have to find a new place for him. We can't let him harm the Khaki and the others all hang out together so he would be the one that had to go.

I messed up for some reason and changed all our clocks last night so this day is a little turned inside out anyway. Near freezing this a.m., clocks all out of whack, ducks fighting for supremecy it is all just too much...I may need to take a nap!

How cute...even sharing a few snow flakes together. Your Embden (?) is stunning. What a beautiful goose.

It is warming up here thank goodness. We have had to put the Blue Swedish drake back in prison. His behavior may be connected to the nest with the eggs??? May be protecting his position but if his behavior continues we will have to find a new place for him. We can't let him harm the Khaki and the others all hang out together so he would be the one that had to go.

I messed up for some reason and changed all our clocks last night so this day is a little turned inside out anyway. Near freezing this a.m., clocks all out of whack, ducks fighting for supremecy it is all just too much...I may need to take a nap!
Well you go right ahead and take one, oh those drakes can be such a pain in the patootie, I started changing my clocks this morning because I have to confess I love clocks and have quite a few. [cough]

Sam thinks he's very handsome too. lol at 7.5 yrs he is doing pretty good. now having 3 girls to follow him around or him following them he really thinks he's" The Dude."
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom