Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

hi guys! My computer is still messed up. I have a really hard time using my phone. Our gosling (Mandie) is doing good! tomorrow she will be 3 weeks old so far so good with Forest, Ollie and Mandy getting alon. I don't think that my advice will be a good comparison since I have house geese as far as adding the babies with the adults. MandIE is still in her brooder. temperature is about 80. we have taken her out side a couple of days. I am definitely mommy but she knows she is a goose. She is different than Forest she is not afraid of the other birds. Ollie is very interested in her but I was afraid to let him get too close. Forest still wants to peck her but Mandy is much faster than Forest. I am still keeping everybody separated but together Mandie sits and her brooder right beside Forest's crate. MANDIE peeps and peeps and peeps. FOREST has started talking to her when I am NOT in the room I hear them talking which is a good sign. Mandie is a very different bird than Forest personaliy wise but we love her already. she is our first Gosling that can walk around her little running is adorable. I love the way it sounds on my hardwood floors lol

hi guys! My computer is still messed up. I have a really hard time using my phone. Our gosling (Mandie) is doing good! tomorrow she will be 3 weeks old so far so good with Forest, Ollie and Mandy getting alon. I don't think that my advice will be a good comparison since I have house geese as far as adding the babies with the adults. MandIE is still in her brooder. temperature is about 80. we have taken her out side a couple of days. I am definitely mommy but she knows she is a goose. She is different than Forest she is not afraid of the other birds. Ollie is very interested in her but I was afraid to let him get too close. Forest still wants to peck her but Mandy is much faster than Forest. I am still keeping everybody separated but together Mandie sits and her brooder right beside Forest's crate. MANDIE peeps and peeps and peeps. FOREST has started talking to her when I am NOT in the room I hear them talking which is a good sign. Mandie is a very different bird than Forest personaliy wise but we love her already. she is our first Gosling that can walk around her little running is adorable. I love the way it sounds on my hardwood floors lol
I don't think Ollie would hurt her they seem to know what is their species so let them meet, you'll be right there. Also 80 at 3 weeks is too warm It should be around 72-75* you want to get her acclimated to your house temp. She is adorable and they really are alot of fun. I love to hear those lil feet on the hardwoods too.

Last edited:
[quote name="Miss Lydia" . 80 at 3 weeks is too warm It should be around 72-75* you want to get her acclimated to your house temp.
[/quote]
so should I turn off the heat light altogether? she seems to get cold when she is walking aroun. maybe I'll move light further away? our house is about 70 degrees floor level is much colder.

Hy guys i have a quick question last year when i used my bator in the day it would b around 100* my new one is staying around 99-100* But u
Every night even with my other one it would drop to about 96-98* every night is it ok or is that a bad thing bc i hatched ducks last year and a lot of chickens even though it got colder but is that a bad thing for geese eggs i wouldn't think so but I am not an expert

We'll I had to get out my old bator bc the other one was acting weird and kept shocking me so im getitng the temp right so tongiht ill b ready to put them in

And here's a pic of some. Chicken cookies i made today

Back
Top Bottom