Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Yesterday my (not even year old) AfricanxChinese/embden gander and my Africanxembden mated on the grass in the flock, this is so weird and I hope I won't be expecting early eggs coz I ain't prepared! But they are both 9 months so eggs aren't going to be 100% fertile.

Yesterday my (not even year old) AfricanxChinese/embden gander and my Africanxembden mated on the grass in the flock, this is so weird and I hope I won't be expecting early eggs coz I ain't prepared! But they are both 9 months so eggs aren't going to be 100% fertile.
But they'll taste good serv. goose egs are yummy.

Thx and I have 3 fertile in the bator im done hatching bc i have no more orders for them and plus my dad has a girl at work that LOVES goose eggs and she's gunan pay me 2$ per Goose egg so its a start to getting my bator and i also made business cards fir my sing business and my chicken business and my mom and I are going to make some movable coops this week for breeding so fun
If you get time how about some pics of your signs and sounds like your going to have a nice business going towards saving up for your bator. What breds of chickens do you have?

I got back from my 4-h meeting and I took my OEGB my polish and my NN and they loved my OEGB bc she flys on my shoulder and stuff i hav OEBG,polish,nn,silkie,SLW,americauna,barred rock, gold star,leghorn,japanese bantam, Dominique and i think thats it but im gunna get pix tonight of how the eggs are going and the 3rd egg bc i didnt get a pix of it and ip this is weird one of the embryos has his back toward were u can see and he other has its head in the front its funny they big move A LOT but i love seeing the eye balls and the tootsy toes

I got back from my 4-h meeting and I took my OEGB my polish and my NN and they loved my OEGB bc she flys on my shoulder and stuff i hav OEBG,polish,nn,silkie,SLW,americauna,barred rock, gold star,leghorn,japanese bantam, Dominique and i think thats it but im gunna get pix tonight of how the eggs are going and the 3rd egg bc i didnt get a pix of it and ip this is weird one of the embryos has his back toward were u can see and he other has its head in the front its funny they big move A LOT but i love seeing the eye balls and the tootsy toes
Look forward to seeing them, I love to candle.

Here are some candle pix i just took the first is a week old and the second 2 are 2 weeks old

And I know they love to make alit but do they sometimes take naps bc the one was moving then i looked at the other egg and that one was moving ALOT and I went back and it stopped moving and it has done this a few times and i love the eyeball one thats the one that takes the naps

Looking forward to 2015's triumphs and I'll have my tissue ready for the tragedies. I only have my one goose and 3 ducks, all girls, so I live vicariously through y'all! Good luck, everyone! May good fortune and health bless you all!
2665.png

Here are some candle pix i just took the first is a week old and the second 2 are 2 weeks old

And I know they love to make alit but do they sometimes take naps bc the one was moving then i looked at the other egg and that one was moving ALOT and I went back and it stopped moving and it has done this a few times and i love the eyeball one thats the one that takes the naps
Yes they nap, great pics nate. looks like they are doing great.

Unless I have an aggressive girl I'm pretty sure Babe is a gander.
Does that mean you will get another girl ? Was it really -6 there ? Our up in the mountains though arent you? Its crazy to me how different the weather is 3 states away. Speaking of aggressive girls, Mandie is chewing like crazy. She cant keep her mouth off of us. I tried the "no bite" and holding her beak closed for a second, but she acts like she is to young to understand. She is super high energy and never stops moving. Totally different from Forest. I guess I expected all pilgrims to be as calm and sweet as Forest. Mandie is sweet but at 4 weeks old, so so much more active than Forest was, I dont think she is going to be happy being an indoor goose, however she has been good for Forest. I can tell she gives some sort of ?? security to Forest when they are outside in the run. Mandie seems to keep her busy even if all Forest does is watch her.

I need advice on what to put in there run to keep them occupied. Inside, I use baby toys, the kind you hang on the side of the crib. They love them and bite at them for hours. Should I put them outside with them when they go our for the day or is there something more "bird friendly"?

The geese got impacted i think, but by the time i figured it all out it was too late to try anything. With the amount they got its no wonder it killed them.
Good luck, keep us posted

Mine over ate, got packed with it and it wouldnt digest. Kind of like kids & candy, too much isnt good for them.
I had no idea that, that could happen. You may have saved the lives of many more geese just by posting your loss about them on this thread .

Oh ok we didn't feed them all at once maybe a half per day for 7 ducks and 35 chooks and the peas and geese so i mean its not bad but GUESS WHAT I GOT MY METZER FARMS GIFT CARD FROM MY PAP NOW I CAN GET 2 SEBBIES AND 6 DUCKIES
Thats awesome about the GC! Cant wait to hear what you end up getting. What breed is it that you call PEAS ? Peacocks? Just wondering because my 10 yr old stated calling our OBE's chick peas because they are so little. I love Japanese bantams and OEB. We have a silkie roo, silkie hen and 3 obe hens. the eggs are so cute!
U should try Egyptian they sound cool and I got a pix of my girl today that is sooo funny
Egyptian geese are beautiful! I love your pic.

Thx and I have 3 fertile in the bator im done hatching bc i have no more orders for them and plus my dad has a girl at work that LOVES goose eggs and she's gunan pay me 2$ per Goose egg so its a start to getting my bator and i also made business cards fir my sing business and my chicken business and my mom and I are going to make some movable coops this week for breeding so fun
You could also try a GOFundMe account for the bator. I am thinking of making one. my husband is a carpenter with a full workshop so i know he can build me one if i have the exact specs. I just dont know if i have the desire to sell them since we wouldnt be keeping most of them.

mated on the grass in the flock,
I thought you guys said that geese only mate in water?

Where has @livininbrazil been ? I havent seen any posts in a while from her?

livin is most likely laying on the beach somewhere in Brazil, it's summer there.
cool.png

No Andrea I won't be getting another girl, 2 ganders and 2 geese are quite enough for me. and the rest of the flock.

Mandie will be fine as an outside goose, her and Olie will most likely form a strong bond. Forest too will be part of their flock.

I love bantams I use to have quite a few but sold them to get LF now I wish I had all bantams, I only have 4. 1Frizzle Cochin bantam, 2 game bantams, 1 Lavender Orpington bantam.

Back
Top Bottom