Got a visit from the city today!

Jiffyrocks

Songster
5 Years
Jan 15, 2017
Louisville KY
So someone knocks at the door at 10:00am and turns out it's the city wanting to come inspect my coop!
One of my neighbors must have said something obviously, because I didn't lol.
They only looked for a brief moment, but it seemed to pass their "inspection". They said it looked good and that I should make sure to keep it clean so it doesn't start to smell.
I wonder who told.....

I'm glad that we don't have neighbors anywhere near me for that reason... although due to winter just coming to an end and tons of rain the straw I had in the run is caked with mud and litter and I have to clean it once I get a dry day (it's rained for a week straight) that run is a little stinky so thank goodness there isn't neighbors in whiffing range.... your neighbors could just be looking for a reason to be mean lol

Oh ya, I think they tried to get me in trouble. Coop has only been up for like two weeks. Chickens are only 2 months old or so? They haven't even had a chance to be trouble makers! Oh well, guess I won't have to share my eggs ;)

Oh ya, I think they tried to get me in trouble. Coop has only been up for like two weeks. Chickens are only 2 months old or so? They haven't even had a chance to be trouble makers! Oh well, guess I won't have to share my eggs
wink.png

Reporting you was so mean. They should of come to the door themselves so you could show them the chickens and explain to them what your doing with them. Maybe they would even want to get some after they check them out.

I don't know your neighbors or the situation so I don't want to stick up for them, BUT, where I used to live and where I have friends living still, animal control/animal services regularly regularly walks neighborhood and peers over block walls and fences to see what pets are in the yards. Then, knowing what pets are in the yards they will knock on the door and ask innocent leading questions to make sure the dogs are licensed, chicken coops are within the proper set backs etc. Just food for thought, is there a chance they could have just been walking the neighborhood? Just as annoying as a nosy tattle tail neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom