Got Cabbage?

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
Lord knows I have plenty. last year, we grew over 100 heads of 2-3 pound cabbages. To save on space, I decided to grow only a few dozen of some larger varieties this year. I've grown the OS cross before, but I'm always amazed to see cabbages this big. Not to mention, I enjoy everyone stopping by to see the massive plants and talking about gardening. We usually make sauerkraut, golbki , lazanki, bigos, and more. Last night, we picked 2 cabbages weighing in about 50 pounds total. We chopped 25 pounds for sauerkraut, so it should be ready in 2 weeks. I still have about 1-2 dozen cabbages left in the garden. If you've not grown the OS cross cabbage before, I suggest you try it. I've personally seen these cabbages weigh more than 30 pounds each.

big cabbage.jpg

Lord knows I have plenty. last year, we grew over 100 heads of 2-3 pound cabbages. To save on space, I decided to grow only a few dozen of some larger varieties this year. I've grown the OS cross before, but I'm always amazed to see cabbages this big. Not to mention, I enjoy everyone stopping by to see the massive plants and talking about gardening. We usually make sauerkraut, golbki , lazanki, bigos, and more. Last night, we picked 2 cabbages weighing in about 50 pounds total. We chopped 25 pounds for sauerkraut, so it should be ready in 2 weeks. I still have about 1-2 dozen cabbages left in the garden. If you've not grown the OS cross cabbage before, I suggest you try it. I've personally seen these cabbages weigh more than 30 pounds each.

View attachment 3607037

I've never seen cabbages that large...wowza!

Back
Top Bottom