Got my first egg today!

CLEchicks

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2022
Just really excited that after 148 days I got my first egg today despite cold weather! Sure wish I knew which of my ladies laid it, but that’s alright!

Attachments

• 6E438AD4-F080-4AD5-9AB9-A0577A8448DC.jpeg
    6E438AD4-F080-4AD5-9AB9-A0577A8448DC.jpeg
    681.4 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations! Finding your first egg after all that waiting is exciting! You can do pelvic exams to find out who is laying, if you want to know. There are two pointy bones you can feel on the fluffy underside of the chicken, a little below the vent. Put your hand in on the fluff and measure the distance with your fingers. Depending on your fingers, the pelvic bones will be 2-3 fingers apart if a hen is laying or within a couple days of laying. 1-2 fingers for those that are not laying or who have stopped. It helps to do this on several/all of your chickens to get an idea of where your girls are at. You can do this at night when they’re roosting if your girls are hard to catch.

So my little Polish was running around frantic like a chicken with her head….

Like a chicken about to lay her first egg and I was searching thru the threads and found your post. Guess what? I have my first egg today too! 🤜🤛
Just saw this and CHEERS! Very exciting week for us! I’ve gotten 3 more since. Any more on your end?

Back
Top Bottom