Got our shipment of 25 today!

Mine didn't have such a good trip, only 7 out of 25 made it! :( It's been a little over a week now and I can report all 7 are still alive and doing well! I picked up 6 more at Rural King this week and they are also doing great. I ordered straight run and have my fingers crossed hoping for 3 or 4 hens out of the first 7.
Did you let McMurray know?

O yes. They refunded the losses promptly. I almost feel that they where abused somewhere along the way. First time I've ever started this early, but surly that high a loss isn't normal even in cold weather.

O yes. They refunded the losses promptly. I almost feel that they where abused somewhere along the way. First time I've ever started this early, but surly that high a loss isn't normal even in cold weather.
Not from Mcmurrays but i had a december order of 9 and a monday 23 jan order of 16 , lost 1 on 1st order prearrival I am positive from the post office.. ( recent death they were chilled despite the heat pack the lady set them outside 2nd time i talked to postmaster when arrived at 3 am they went to his office with space heater)

Just an update! All 27 are still happy and healthy, coming up on 4 weeks old. So far this has been our most successful batch of chicks, and the only one we didn't get locally. Definitely happy with McMurray.

Back
Top Bottom