GQF cabinet

ga_goat

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Lowndes County Ga
Don't know the model #'s yet but I traded for 2 GQF cabinet incubators ( 1 still in box , never used + hatcher in box )
the other was used about 6 or 8 hatches with matching hatcher , my question is they are set up for otrich eggs ,
do all the tray liners innerchange , both have auto turners but not the humitity add on getting 2 incubators and
2 hatchers for less than 500.

OHHHH those are such horrible incubators, I'll come pick them up so you don't have to deal with such awful things.
hide.gif

Just Kidding
lau.gif

droolin.gif
You got a great deal. You will enjoy the GQFs so much. They are awsome incubators.
woot.gif

I love the GQF Incubator that I have. Wish I had a hatcher to go with it.

thumbsup.gif

If it's set up for ostrich eggs than you may have a GQF 1266 (you can tell if the spacing between trays is big and if you don't have a hatching tray at the bottom)

I used to have one of those and I ended up moving the trays to set up chicken eggs, kind of made it a 1202. You can do that too, just need to drill a few new holes. Good luck.

I bought one like that a couple of years ago..

you can reset the turning trays, the holes are predrilled.. I took the back off the cabinet to make the job much easier..

set the trays to the widest spacing and forget about the hatching tray on the bottom..

then you can get some rigid egg holders and stack them and you will be able to fit 36 dozen chicken eggs in at a time..or 40 dozen of smaller eggs, like bantam or guinea..

Tanks for the info I'm going to pick them uptomorrow afternoon , abou 25 miles from my place , got a verbal committment on the old
empty 1200 I was useing here , but had to move eggs back to it tonight from the hand built one I was testing out ,( fan died and air wasn't moving )
it was working about an hour before I found it had died hope the top shelf temp spike didn't do too much damage . I'll be glad to get somthing taht was designed to work instead of all this testing and moving eggs around .

The incubators are model 1266 with matching hatchers , hatchers are 2 tray with divided 5 inch deep wire baskets , but I got a question about the turners in theincubator do they supposed to move slow and constantly , or move quickly from lock to lock ,,
ok I checkedth other one out and it works fine so it now has 103 eggs in it ,, 53 of them this will be their 3 incubator in a week and 1 got pretty hot , may be just hopeing on those .

btw ,, the ostrich egg drop in tray cages will hold 8 to 10 chicken eggs for seperation of breeds /varities

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom